Last week, Disney Parks Blog made the announcement that the highly-anticipated new resort hotel at Disney World, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, would finally be accepting passengers beginning March 1, 2022. We also learned that advanced boardings can be made beginning in late October.
Today we get to take a rare “look” inside the Galactic Starcruiser, more formally, the “Halcyon Starcruiser,” operated by Chandrila Star Lines, thanks to some really creative Imagineering, engineering, and architecture–and even maybe some cartography (of sorts).
These “maps” or floor plans of the Galactic Starcruiser use terms like “deck,” “aft,” and “forward,” but before you start thinking we’ve got the wrong floor plans, remember that the Galactic Starcruiser functions as a hotel, but it’s “actually” a ship, at least if you’re in the role-playing mindset.
Guests’ sleeping quarters are referred to as “cabins,” rather than rooms, and there are even “cargo holds” and a “brig.”
Some of the wording on the floor plans is written with letters from the Aurebash alphabet–the symbols used in one of the Star Wars languages, Galactic Basic.
Creative Director for Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser, Ann Morrow Johnson, says that each individual Guest will be immersed in the Star Wars universe at a level that’s comfortable for him or her, making the Galactic Cruiser an “experience for Star Wars fans and those who love them.”
Galactic Starcruiser will begin accepting boardings on October 28 for 2-night adventures. Each experience includes a trip to Batuu at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The excursion to Batuu will function much like a shore excursion from a Disney Cruise Lines voyage.
According to Disney’s website, each vacation aboard the Halcyon Starcruiser is an adventure, and Chandrila Star Lines doesn’t skimp when it comes to ammenities and offerings. Just take a look!
“Your Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser vacation package includes:
- 2-night stay in a cabin or suite
- Ongoing, immersive and interactive entertainment, where choices determine your experience
- Food and beverages on the starcruiser (excluding alcoholic and specialty beverages) and a quick-service meal at Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo or other select locations at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for your planetary excursion to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Valet parking
- Exclusive Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser databand (known on your home planet as a MagicBand)”
It sounds like a fantastic out-of-this-world experience!