Disney’s Port Orleans Resorts are scheduled to reopen next month after what seems like FOREVER! Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside reopens on October 14, while Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort reopens October 28. We simply can’t wait to return to the Bayou and southern charm feel in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort. Plus, in case you missed it, Yehaa Bob Jackson has announced he will be back to tickle the ivories at the River Roost Lounge! If you’re looking to REALLY get into all the action, you now have a chance to apply to DRIVE the boat around the Sassogoula River around Disney’s Port Orleans Resort!
RELATED: Yehaa Bob Jackson Is Returning To Disney’s Port Orleans Resort!
The Sassagoula River boat ride takes Disney’s Port Orleans Resort Guests to and from Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter, as well as to and from the Disney Springs boat docks. It’s really a very peaceful cruise up the river and makes for a special way to experience a calming moment in the midst of a busy Walt Disney World day. Do you have what it takes to provide a little pixie dust for Guests stepping foot on your boat for a Sassagoula River Cruise?
As shared by DisneyCareers: “Watercraft and Friendship/Sassagoula Cast Members are focused on the safety of our Guests while creating a magical experience throughout their stay. Watercraft Cast Members are responsible for engaging Guests, loading and unloading the watercraft vessels while piloting a fleet of multi-passenger boats of different sizes and lengths. Watercraft Cast Members will provide narration of varying lengths in front of large groups and provide audience control in various weather conditions. Watercraft and Friendship/Sassagoula Full Time & Part Time Cast Members will attend a mandatory training of two consecutive weeks where you will participate in performance assessments. Watercraft Cast Members receive a starting rate of $15.85/hour. Friendship/Sassagoula Cast Members receive a starting rate of $15.20/hour.”
RELATED: Have a Knack for Holiday Decorating? Disney Is Hiring Decorators!
Do you have what it takes for the Walt Disney World position? Responsibilities include:
- Proactively engage with Guests by answering questions, giving directions and other information about the theme park or surrounding areas
- Prolong standing to perform and maintain crowd control during peak operational hours in outdoor settings during different weather conditions
- Prolong standing and walking to various areas to include climbing several flights of stairs
- Ability to tread and swim in deep water for a extend period
- Repetitive heavy lifting of 50-70 pounds repeatedly
- Take ownership during emergencies situations
- Pilot and dock vessels of multiple sizes and lengths in various conditions including but not limited to;
- Low visibility
- Adverse weather conditions/ high winds
- Maneuver vessel in narrow waterways
- Ability to identify channel markers for safe passage
- Assist Guests with boarding:
- Operate a lift
- Push & Pull wheelchairs.
- Involves lifting, bending, stooping, and twisting while using belts and straps to secure the Guest to provide a safe ride
- Load/unload Electronic Convenience Vehicle (ECV) and folding strollers
- Maintain the docks and boats to include sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, and removing trash
- Communicate using a radio with dispatch and other vessels
RELATED: Could Trams Be Coming Back? Disney Is Hiring!
Check out all the details, qualifications, and how to apply by visiting DisneyCareers.com. While we’re rejoicing that the Moderate Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans, is be reopening next month, we have however recently learned that not all Disney World Resorts will be reopening by the end of 2021 as Disney previously planned for. It seems like Disney’s All-Star Sports will now be undergoing refurbishment rather than opening on December 9, 2021, as previously scheduled. We’ll get there Disney fans… one Disney Resort at a time. Best of luck to all those ready to become Disney Cast Members and sail down the bayou!