It’s no secret that Walt Disney World is hiring. Recently, they put out a post stating they are hiring for thousands of positions. Among the many food and beverages and housekeeping roles, were we thrilled to see auditions open for Casey’s Corner Pianist recently. We’re ready to see this fan favorite return! Another position that may not sound as glorious as Casey’s Corner Pianist is for PARKING. Why does this job hiring have us so excited? Well, since the reopening of the Disney parks, we have yet to see the trams return. This means you have to plan for a lengthy trek to and from your car at the beginning and end of a long park day. Now, we’re seeing Disney has listed a parking position which includes tram discussion!
As shared on DisneyCareers: “Parking- Part Time, Walt Disney World: Job Summary – Parking Operations Cast Members are focused on creating magic for our Guests during their Walt Disney World Resort stay by ensuring the highest standards of safety while greeting, loading/unloading, driving, spieling and directing Guests in the parking lots. Parking Operations Cast Members will safely operate multi car passenger trams throughout parking lots.”
Parking Host and Hostesses receive a starting rate of $14.00/hour. Responsibilities include:
- Operate passenger carrying trams as well as vans & trucks
- Memorize prepared Guest information and deliver via microphone
- Project voice to deliver safety directions when needed
- Continuous walking & standing to direct Guests where to go/park, walk throughout parking lot
- Enforce policies, rules and regulations of the parking locations
- Work mainly in an outdoor settings during various weather conditions
- Operate a Smart Phone/Radio to communicate
- Take ownership during emergencies situations
- Grasp & Carry cones of 5+ lbs. repeatedly
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, safety harnesses, hard hats, safety vests etc.) may be required
YES! We’re all for bringing back the trams! We’ll keep you posted as we learn more about when trams will return. In the meantime, do you think you’d be a good fit for this position? Check out all the details available on DisneyCareers.