It’s the most wonderful time of the year! As Walt Disney World gears up for their 50th Anniversary Celebration, “The World Most Magical Celebration” on October 1, 2021, they are looking ahead at what’s to come for the Christmas Holiday season. With the sheer volume of boxes, bows, ornaments, lights, and more… Disney needs all hands on deck. Are you an expert at decorating the Christmas tree? Is your house filled with stunning Christmas decorations? If you have a knack for decorating for the holidays, it’s time to work your magic with a little pixie dust thrown into the mix at a Disney Park! Walt Disney World Resort is currently hiring Holiday Services Craft Support Decorators… and it may just be the Disney dream job you’ve been waiting for.
RELATED: Cast Members Needed! Disney Continues Hiring Spree
The job summary for the position states, “Do you have a knack for decorating for the holidays? Would you love knowing that your work will bring oohs, aahs, and smiles to millions of Guests at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts? If you have a good eye for all things visual, aren’t afraid of working on a ladder, and know your way around a tool chest, becoming a Holiday Services Craft Support Decorator might be right for you! Disney is admired around the world for its imaginative, over-the-top holiday decorations. Join the team that makes it all happen at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts!”
Responsibilities go on to include: You would join a team of seasonal workers (September 2021 – January 2022) who transform our Parks and Resorts into wonderlands representing major holidays celebrated around the world and would get the incredible satisfaction of seeing your work turn a venue into a wondrous, imaginative, truly unique vision of holiday splendor. Every day as a Holiday Services Craft Support Decorator is different. On any given day or night, you might:
- Climb a ladder to festoon the lobby of a resort with holiday-inspired garlands;
- Inspect decorations before you help load them onto trucks;
- Repair and rehab everything from foliage and lights to delicate Christmas tree ornaments.
- Work at a Park during the night so it is transformed for Guests the next day;
- Help “strike the set” by carefully taking down what you’ve put up;
- Possibly operate a box truck (up to 26,000 lbs.) on runs to/from the warehouse and the Parks;
- Precisely catalog the props and decorations before helping to store them safely for use next year; and
- Enjoy Disney Theme Park Experiences and Cast member exclusives!
RELATED: Dates Revealed, Plus Fireworks & Parade Return for Disney Very Merriest After Hours!
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful at this job:
- Work independently, but be part of a team of over 100 people who rotate assignments regularly;
- Be comfortable working on ladders and/or scaffolding, at heights ranging from 2’ to 80’ or higher.
- Use your creativity and artistic eye to decorate and install Holiday Décor;
- Familiarity with paints and color matching is helpful;
- Knowledge of how to safely use hand and power tools;
- Enjoy working with fabric and ribbons;
- Perform general warehouse duties, like cleaning, repairing, sorting and cataloging;
- This is a seasonal position that requires the flexibility to work days, nights (including 3rd shift), weekends and holidays, from September 2021 through January 2022.
Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom all have gorgeous Christmas trees and holiday decor that wows Guests each year. Plus, let’s not forget Disney Springs and Disney Resorts are brimming with holiday decoration when the season rolls around. Does creating a little holiday Disney magic sound like the perfect job for you?
If you’re ready to become a Disney Cast Members and apply for this position, Disney is asking that you have three or more years of experience in a scenic or fabrication shop; theatre/props experience with the required education of a high-school diploma, or equivalent. Check out all the details and apply to this Disney holiday decorating dream job via DisneyCareers.com. Best of luck, Disney fan (AKA future Cast Member)!