Family of Dead Doctor Defend Disney Lawsuit

Doctor dies at Disney Springs
Credit: Disney/Facebook

On October 5, 2023, 42-year-old Dr. Kanokporn Tangsuan, also known as Amy, arrived at the Walt Disney World Resort, ready to have a great time with her husband and mother-in-law. The trio went to Disney Springs, where they planned on having an amazing meal at one of the many restaurants. They chose to eat at Raglan Road, a popular restaurant with classic Irish cuisine and top entertainment.

According to Dr. Tangsuan’s family, that decision proved to be deadly.

Raglan Road

Credit: Disney

Related: Disney Announces Opening of New Walt Disney World Location

Dr. Tangsuan has had severe nut and dairy allergies her entire life. So, when she ate out, she needed to be incredibly careful. Her family stated that Amy spoke to the waiter and informed them of her life-threatening food allergies. They then discussed what on the menu was safe for her to eat. After much discussion, she ordered broccoli and corn fritters, onion rings, scallops, and vegan shepherd’s pie. After Amy’s food arrived, she double-checked that it was free of her allergens and dove into her meal.

Raglan Road Disney Springs

Credit: Disney

Approximately 45 minutes after she began eating, Dr. Tuansang collapsed inside the Planet Hollywood Store. She was having an allergic reaction. The highly-trained doctor used her EpiPen to help with the attack, but it was too late. Dr. Tangsuan died of anaphylaxis. And some of her loved ones are now suing both Disney and the owners of Raglan Road Irish Pub.

People always face a lot of criticism when they go after a company as large as Disney and a restaurant on its property. But Dr. Tangsuan’s family feels they are more than justified in holding the House of Mouse and Raglan Road responsible.

Raglan Road Disney Springs

Credit: Disney

Amy’s father, Amnuay Tangsuan spoke to the New York Post about their decision.

“I think the restaurant is responsible,” Amnuay Tangsuan, the late doctor’s 81-year-old father, said from his home in Bellerose, Queens.

“Even when we go to restaurants around here, we make sure to tell the waiters that they don’t have dairy or nuts around her. I always want to make sure every time we take her out.

“She always carried an EpiPen on her. All her life.” 

“She chose to be a doctor because she had an allergic reaction, and she said, ‘OK, I have to be something where I (know how) to treat myself,’” Amnuay Tangsuan said.

Alex and Ani closing Disney Springs

Credit: Disney

Mr. Tangsuan said he was told the ambulance was slow to respond to the call for help. This fact has not been confirmed, but there have been multiple reports that the understaffed first responders at Disney World have voiced frustration at being unable to do their job the way they want because of logistical red tape.

Dr. Tangsuan’s family said that her ultimate goal was to help those who were less fortunate. At the time of her death, she was working at NYU Langone. Before the pandemic, she had traveled to Thailand — her parents’ home country — half a dozen times to help underprivileged children.

Amy Tangsuan

Credit: Jeffrey Piccolo Facebook

Related: Man Suing Reedy Creek After Disney Elevator Falls Multiple Stories

Amy’s parents are not involved in the lawsuit, but her husband is suing Disney and Raglan Road Irish Pub, claiming negligence. He is seeking at least $50,000 in damages. Neither Disney nor the owners of the Disney Springs restaurant have commented on the tragic situation.

Do you think Disney is careful enough when it comes to guests’ allergies? Let us know in the comments.

About Krysten Swensen

A born and bred New England girl living the Disney life in Southern California. I love to read, to watch The Golden Girls, and love everything to do with Disney and Universal. I also love to share daily doses of Disney on my Disney Instagram @BrazzleDazzleDisney!


  1. Disney doesn’t own the restaurant. Is the ambulance a part of the former Reedy Creek area taken over by desantis? Sue the state of Florida!

  2. My daughter has a severe peanut and tree nut allergy. We have always found Disney to be great about food allergies, both at the parks and on their cruises. But we also find that most people don’t understand the seriousness of the issue. It is a deadly allergy. If there was carelessness on any party’s part we would probably sue as well.

  3. IF the chef didn’t come out and talk to her then it is on the waiter not the park or the restaurant. I always get the chef out to talk to me about what he/she can provide for me that meets my medical requirements.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.