Disney’s College Program is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for many Disney fans! The highly competitive paid internship program allows students to live just outside Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, or the Disneyland Resort in California, while earning college credit at Disney parks and resorts through a combination of on-the-job experience, shadowing, and seminars. Being accepted into the program is a dream come true for many, and often it paves the way for permanent employment. Applications for the Disney College Program are now being accepted!
If you or your college student are thinking of applying, you’ll want to make sure all requirements are met before you fill out that application. So what exactly is required to apply? According to Disney’s official employment website, eligible students are:
- At least 18 years of age at time of application.
- Currently enrolled and taking classes at an accredited U.S. college, university, or higher education program OR have graduated from an accredited U.S. college, university, or higher education program within 24 months of the application posting date.
- Must have completed at least one semester at an accredited U.S.* college, university, or higher education program by time of program arrival.
- Possess unrestricted U.S. work authorization for the duration of the program. Disney does not sponsor visas for the College Program.
- Meet any individual school requirements (GPA, grade level, etc.), if applicable.
- Former Disney College Program participants must wait four months after their last departure before applying.
We spoke with former College Program alum Stacey Ferguson, who said that her program changed her life. She shared a special memory with us as well, “One thing I’ll never forget is doing something I’d always dreamed about… being in the park before it opens. I don’t remember if it was by state or what, but they divided us up into groups to have our picture taken with Mickey in front of the castle before opening. It was so foggy it was like walking through a dream.”
The program receives more than 50,000 applications every semester, and only about 12,000 are chosen. Applications are accepted a semester in advance, so applications submitted now would be for the Spring 2023 semester. If you’re ready to apply, you can begin the process here.