After Walt Disney Animation‘s long overhaul of its earliest projects, Disney is finally ready to release more of its restored classics! Today, Disney Plus shared on Twitter the titles of all 27 classic shorts that have been restored and the schedule on which they will release on the streaming platform.
Here’s a rundown of the Disney100 restored Walt Disney Animation Studios’ classic shorts!
Releasing Friday, July 7
- The Skeleton Dance (1929)
- Human skeletons dance and make music around a spooky graveyard.
- Building a Building (1933)
- Minnie and Mickey Mouse work on a construction site.
- Bath Day (1946)
- Minnie Mouse gives the kitty Figaro a bath.
- Figaro and Frankie (1947)
- Figaro the kitten and Frankie the canary in a Tom & Jerry type episode.
- Goofy Gymnastics (1949)
- Goofy tries working out.
- Aquamania (1961)
- Another Goofy short where he tries out some water activities.
Releasing Friday, August 11
- Barnyard Olympics (1932)
- Foul play ensues when Mickey Mouse and friends have some Olympic-style competitions.
- Mickey’s Steam Roller (1934)
- Mickey Mouse’s nephews destroy the town after stealing his steamroller.
- Donald’s Nephews (1938)
- Donald Duck is tasked with watching his three nephews. Huey, Dewey, and Louie make their first appearance!
- Goofy and Wilbur (1939)
- Goofy brings a grasshopper along on a fishing trip. Goofy’s first solo cartoon!
- Donald’s Cousin Gus (1939)
- Donald’s Cousin Gus Goose is a terrible house guest.
- The Flying Jalopy (1943)
- Donald Duck flies a broken plane.
Releasing September 5 – 8
- Trolley Troubles (1927)
- Oswald the Lucky Rabbit makes his first appearance on a bad day at his trolley job.
- All Wet (1927)
- Oswald returns, this time trying to impress another rabbit on the beach by pretending to be a lifeguard.
- The Barn Dance (1929)
- Mickey Mouse epically fails at winning over Minnie Mouse at the dance.
- Playful Pluto (1934)
- Pluto’s first major role! He gets a little too playful while Mickey Mouse tries to do some yard work.
- Mickey’s Kangaroo (1935)
- Mickey receives a boxing kangaroo from Australia.
- Merbabies (1938)
- Baby merpeople play and plan to put on a circus.
- Bone Trouble (1940)
- Hungry Pluto tries to take a bone from the sleeping dog Butch.
- Pluto, Junior (1942)
- Pluto’s son wants to play with sleepy Pluto!
Releasing Friday, October 6
- When the Cat’s Away (1929)
- The only time Minnie and Mickey are drawn as actual mice! They take over a house while the cat is not around.
- Fiddling Around (1930)
- Mickey Mouse gets emotional while playing classical music for an audience.
- Camping Out (1934)
- A hoard of mosquitoes bothers the gang around their campsite.
- Wynken, Blynken and Nod (1938)
- Three sleepy children have fantastical adventures in their shoe-boat.
- Old Macdonald Duck (1941)
- Donald Duck is a farmer and tries to take care of the animals.
- Inferior Decorator (1948)
- A bee enjoys Donald Duck’s flowers and flower wallpaper.
- Chips Ahoy (1956)
- Chip and Dale take Donald’s boat to get some acorns.
Starting tomorrow, you can spend the rest of your summer into the beginning of fall enjoying these Disney restored shorts “featuring Disney’s most beloved characters!” Enjoy watching how Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, and more got their start in these classic Disney animated shorts.