When many guests picture a Walt Disney World vacation, they immediately think of the Magic Kingdom. The most popular of the four Disney theme parks, the Magic Kingdom is home to classic and thrilling attractions scattered throughout beautifully themed lands. Guests who spend time in the park can blast off into space, dive into the oceans with Ariel, soar over London with Peter Pan, explore the rivers of the world, interact with ghosts, and set sail with pirates. With so many amazing experiences to be had in the Magic Kingdom, guests want to make the most of each moment in the park and can do so by following a few simple tips and secrets designed to save time and frustration. By following these tips, guests are sure to have an amazing time exploring and enjoying the Magic Kingdom! Here are ten tips and secrets for the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World.
10. Rope Drop – Guests who are visiting any of the four theme parks in Walt Disney World can save some time each day by arriving each morning for rope drop. This entails getting to the park before it officially opens to the public and waiting at the gates for entrance. Guests who arrive for rope drop at the Magic Kingdom can enjoy the Let The Magic Begin on the Castle Forecourt Stage which features some of your favorite Disney characters, and plenty of song and dance. Those who arrive for rope drop are some of the first guests inside the park and are rewarded with few crowds, low wait times, and empty walkways.
9. Adventureland First – Once inside the Magic Kingdom, many guests tend to head towards Fantasyland or Tomorrowland, making those areas relatively crowded for the early mornings. Guests who are looking to make the most of their time in the park should instead head over towards Adventureland first where they can enjoy attractions like the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean with very low wait times.
8. Do The Underrated – While there are plenty of thrilling and popular attractions in the Magic Kingdom, there are also plenty which are often overlooked by guests and considered underrated. These attractions are each classic and entertaining in their own right and should not be skipped by guests enjoying the park. Some great underrated attractions to enjoy while in the Magic Kingdom are Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room, the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, the Walt Disney World Railroad, and Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress.
7. Conquer The Mountains – Throughout the Magic Kingdom there are several attractions which feature thrills focused on mountain settings. Guests who visit the park love to conquer these mountains and enjoy the adventurous attractions found there. Splash Mountain in Frontierland invites guests to tag along with Br’er Rabbit as he goes looking for adventure and ultimately takes a plunge into the Briar Patch. Right next door is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad which brings guests on the wildest ride in the wilderness through the mining town of Tumbleweed. Finally over in Tomorrowland is Space Mountain which blasts guests off into outer space for a thrilling adventure through the galaxy in near darkness.
6. FastPass Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
One of the most popular attractions in the Magic Kingdom is the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in New Fantasyland. The attraction brings guests into the mines where the dwarfs work, offers beautiful views of the surrounding area, and even features glimpses of Snow White and the Evil Queen. Since the attraction is so popular, guests can save lots of time that would have otherwise been spent waiting on line by having a FastPass+ for the experience.
5. FastPass Peter Pan’s Flight
Another very popular attraction in the Magic Kingdom which tends to have long wait times is Peter Pan’s Flight in Fantasyland. The attraction invites guests to be sprinkled with pixie dust and take to the skies with Peter and the Darling children as they soar over London and Neverland. Guests who wish to enjoy the attraction and not spend hours waiting on line are smart to book a FastPass+ for Peter Pan’s Flight.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
4. Eat In Columbia Harbour House
While there are several quick service dining locations in the Magic Kingdom, one of the best options can be found in Liberty Square directly across from the Haunted Mansion. Columbia Harbour House is open for lunch and dinner and serves up unique options in a nautical setting. Guests can enjoy a wide selection of seafood or non-seafood meals while dining throughout two floors which each offer views of Liberty Square amidst wonderful décor. Plus, don’t forget to take advantage of the Mobile Food and Beverage Ordering now available on your My Disney Experience App.
3. Take Time To Shop
No guest wants to leave Walt Disney World without the perfect souvenir or gift and the Magic Kingdom is home to some of the best shopping on property. Guests should be sure to pop into many of the stores scattered throughout the park but especially should make time to explore the Emporium on Main Street. The Emporium is one of the largest stores in all of Walt Disney World and sells everything from clothing and accessories to toys and housewares.
2. Line Up Early For Daily Parade and Happily Ever After
Watch Main Street and the sky over Cinderella Castle come to life with special performances! Festival of Fantasy features Disney characters all set to unique and upbeat music. Happily Ever After lights up the sky over Cinderella Castle with beautiful fireworks set to Disney music and boasts tremendous projections on the Castle. Since both the parade and Happily Ever After are so popular, guests should be sure to find a great viewing spot at least an hour before the entertainment begins!
1. Kiss Goodnight
After the Magic Kingdom officially closes for the night, there is a lovely show near Cinderella Castle which is the perfect ending to a day spent enjoying the park. The Kiss Goodnight usually occurs about a half hour after park closing and features special lighting on Cinderella Castle accompanied by a charming speech thanking guests for spending their day in the park. No day in the Magic Kingdom is complete without enjoying the Kiss Goodnight!