Update on Father Who Died Tragically at Disney World

Not Long ago, a 40 year old father from the U.K died of a Fentanyl overdose at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort. The man, Philip Weybourne, was said to have been drinking most of the day at Disney Springs and then returned to the Yacht Club where he continued to drink at one of the hotel’s bars. It was there that his situation turned tragic.

Fentanyl overdose disney

Credit: Disney

Related: Ale and Compass

Weybourne and his wife and young son were on vacation at Disney World and Weybourne reportedly decided to let his hair down a little. After an extensive police investigation it has been determined that he bought the drugs found in his system on American Boulevard, an area off Disney property but consumed them at Disney’s Yacht Club. It was there that he suffered cardiac arrest. Attempts to revive him were unsuccessful and he died at a nearby hospital shortly after.

Disney fentanyl overdose

Credit: Tv24

The police investigation also stated that they believe Weybourne didn’t intend to purchase Fentanyl. The drug, which is a powerful synthetic Opioid, is highly dangerous- a dose of only 2 milligrams is enough to be deadly. As such, most casual drug users stay away from the powerful substance. However, many drug dealers lace other drugs with the substance to “increase the effects” (presumably for repeat customers). This is what investigators believe happened in the case of Phillip Weybourne.

Related: British Father Dies of Fentanyl Overdose at Disney

Without knowing what he was investing Weybourne consumed more of the deadly drug than his body could handle. An autopsy in his home country earlier revealed a blood test conducted after his death found fatal levels of fentanyl in his system, at the time it was unknown if the Fentanyl investigation had been purposeful or not. His death has now been ruled an accidental overdose. Assistant coroner at Maidstone County Hall (where the autopsy was performed) Catherine Wood said: ‘He had no underlying health issues and I am content, after the findings of the autopsy, that his death was caused by fatal levels of fentanyl, a synthetic opioid used as a pain medication.”




About Jill Bivins

Jill Bivins has been visiting Disney Parks since she was 2 years old and loves sharing her Disney adventures with the world. She likes to say Disney is in her blood and writing is in her bones — so any time she has the opportunity to combine these loves she is one happy camper! She has a deep abiding love for Epcot and as a die hard Star Wars fan has a serious love for Hollywood Studios as well. When she isn't exploring or writing about Disney Parks, Jill is homeschooling her 8 year old son, playing with her brand new baby son, or pretending to be a farmer on her family homestead (despite being unable to keep even a cactus alive). Find Jill on Instagram @minnieonmain.