Today marks the first Disney+ Day for the House of Mouse and for the more than 116 million subscribers who have joined the streaming platform since it first went live two years ago today.
The “plusaversary” of Disney’s first-ever streaming platform was originally announced by the CEO of The Walt Disney Company, Bob Chapek, who promised the release of several new series, shorts, and movies in celebration of the two-year anniversary. Chapek also guaranteed other surprises and perks for subscribers as well. Here are just a few of the drops, perks, and “plusses” available either beginning today or later this month on Disney+:
- Jungle Cruise switches from a paid selection to a free selection for subscribers of Disney+ today.
- Home Sweet Home Alone, a new Disney+ original movie, debuts today. It’s based on the popular Home Alone holiday movie franchise from the 1990s.
- Olaf Presents drops today! We’re so excited about this one! In this all-new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios, everyone’s favorite snowman retells classic Disney tales in a way that’s truly “Olafable,” as the adorable snowman becomes the incomparable showman!
- Shorts galore from Walt Disney Animation Studios are streamable beginning today. These include Frozen Fever, Feast, Paperman, Get a Horse! and PIXAR’s Ciao Alberto, which features characters from the studio’s recent release, Luca.
- Marvel’s Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is streamable beginning today!
- Season 2 of The World According to Jeff Goldblum from National Geographic begins today.
- A new special that takes a look at the origins and legacy of Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett (in anticipation of the release of The Book of Boba Fett)
- It’s also possible to subscribe and get access to Disney+ for only $1.99 for the first month as part of a special early Black Friday deal from Disney. The offer applies to new and returning subscribers alike.
“[Disney+ Day] brings to life our mission to entertain, inform, and inspire fans and families around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling,” Chapek explained in a statement.
We can’t wait to start streaming today! Are you a Disney+ subscriber and if so, what are you most excited about watching during the Plusaversary celebration?