Big news coming out of Walt Disney World this morning to kick off the week! When COVID hit, Disney put a hold on Annual Pass sales. If you were a current Annual Passholder, you could renew your Annual Pass, but new Annual Pass sales were on hold. Disney recently shared Walt Disney World Annual Passes will once again be available for purchase soon but did not mention a date or if the Passholder program would be changing at all. We are now learning new Annual Passes will go on sale next month – plus, the Passholder program is receiving new Annual Pass tiers. All of this is unfolding just in time for Disney’s 50th Anniversary Celebration!
RELATED: New Details Revealed for Disneyland’s New Annual Pass Program, “Magic Key Program”
As shared by Disney Parks Blog: “We are introducing four new Annual Passes offering the flexibility and choice to meet Guest needs, each designed based on Passholder feedback. These passes will help our biggest fans experience all that’s to come during “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” – from new attractions and nighttime spectaculars to dazzling decorations at all four theme parks and more!”
To summarize the breakdown above, when the 4 new passes go on sale on September 8 the 4 new passes and prices are:
- Incredi-Pass: $1299
- Sorcerer Pass (only for Florida resident or Disney Vacation Club Member): $899
- Pirate Pass (only for Florida resident): $699
- Pixie Dust Pass (only for Florida resident): $399
- Can add on PhotoPass and Water Parks offer as $99 add-ons.
What’s New: Here are some highlights of the new Annual Passes:
- Hold More Park Reservations: Depending on their pass type, Passholders may now hold up to five Disney Park Pass reservations at a time. We’ll also be adding “bonus reservations” to the calendar from time to time, so Passholders can make an additional park reservation without it counting against their applicable reservation hold limit. Plus, when Passholders stay at Disney Resort hotels or other select hotels, they will also be eligible to make theme park reservations for each day of their stay – in addition to the reservations you can hold based on your pass type!
- Customize Your Pass: Choose different add-on options based on your preferences – from the Water Park and Sports option to Disney PhotoPass downloads. These add-on options will be available for purchase with any of our four new passes.
- Access a New Integrated Calendar: Planning will be easier with enhancements to our reservation system, including a new integrated calendar that lets Passholders quickly see blockout dates for each pass type, view available days and make, modify or cancel a reservation all in one place.
- Enjoy Passholder Perks: Passes will continue to offerbenefits you know and love including the Park Hopper option, standard theme park parking and discounts on merchandise and dining. And, there will be a few special surprises throughout the 50th anniversary celebration!
- Pass options will be available beginning Sept. 8, 2021.
Disney is also introducing a new look for the Annual Passholder program to honor the past while looking forward to the future. Using a piece of the original Walt Disney World Resort logo as a foundation for bright colors and energetic design, the program’s new look puts Passholders right in the middle of the magic.
RELATED: Disney To No Longer Offer Complimentary MagicBands To Annual Passholders
Current Passholders: If you are a current Passholder, please know you may continue to use your Annual Pass as you do today – when it is time for you to renew, you will be able to renew into one of our new passes (at a special renewal price). Plus, beginning Sept. 8, 2021, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Platinum Plus Annual Passholders will also be able to hold more reservations at a time! Visit DisneyWorld.com/AnnualPass to learn more. Also be on the lookout for a new exclusive magnet coming your way soon.
Are you ready to become a Walt Disney World Annual Passholder by selecting one of these new tiers? If so, which tier best fits your Theme Park needs as you explore Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom? Check out all the details and prepare to shop for your Pass on September 8th via Walt Disney World’s website here. Happy shopping, current or future Disney pass holder!