Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort Guests are doing their best to keep up with all the latest news coming out of the Parks. Over in Disneyland, we previously learned the Annual Passholder program was being canceled as Disney said they were looking for a new program to best fit Disneyland’s most loyal Guests. The new Disneyland Annual Pass program and details were revealed for what is now called the Disneyland Magic Key. On the east coast, Walt Disney World Resort Guests were told we will once again be able to purchase new Annual Passes “soon”. On top of all that news, Disney revealed the Disney Genie (a complimentary mobile app), the Disney Genie+ (basically a paid Fastpass service), and the Lightning Lane (to pay your way onto very popular attractions). The addition of Disney Genie has hit both Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resort Guests hard. Nonetheless, Disney is switching back into excitement mode as they reveal more details about the new Magic Key Program.
Magic Key passes will officially go on sale beginning August 25 (no earlier than 10 a.m. PT). Disney Parks Blog has shared eight questions and answers to help Guests seeking to purchase a Disneyland Magic Key:
- Where can I purchase a Magic Key pass? You will need to buy your Magic Key pass online at either Disneyland.com or on the Disneyland app. We will not be selling Magic Key passes at the ticket booths at Disneyland Resort at this time.
- Do I need to purchase my Magic Key pass on August 25? We know you’re eager and excited to “unlock” your new Magic Key pass, and we want you to have a magical experience upon your return to the Happiest Place on Earth. Please know it is not necessary to purchase your Magic Key on the first day of sale. As always, we appreciate your patience as we work hard to accommodate as many guests as possible through our system on Disneyland.com.
- Is there a monthly payment option available for purchasing my Magic Key pass? Yes! Monthly payment options are available for eligible California residents purchasing a Magic Key pass.
- I’d like to upgrade my existing theme park ticket to a Magic Key pass. Is that doable? Yes, most theme park tickets are upgradeable to a Magic Key pass. Fully used, or partially used and expired, theme park admission media, complimentary ticket media, special event ticket media and ticket media stating its ineligibility for an upgrade (such as the California Resident promotional ticket) may not be upgraded to a Magic Key pass.
- How will I upgrade my eligible theme park ticket to a Magic Key pass? If you have a partially used, unexpired ticket that is upgradable, you can do so directly on the Disneyland app! Visit Disneyland.com to learn more.
- How exactly will my Magic Key holder theme park reservations work? Depending on what Magic Key type you choose to purchase (Imagine Key, Enchant Key, Believe Key, or Dream Key), you may hold a specific number of theme park reservations at a time, within a 90-day booking window, subject to applicable blockout dates (you can check the number of holds per pass type at Disneyland.com/MagicKey). For example, if you purchase an Imagine Key pass, you can hold up to 2 theme park reservations at a time. Once you enter a park on one of your two booked reservation days (or timely cancel a reservation), then you can make another, new reservation within that 90-day window! Park reservations may be made for one or both parks, subject to availability, and park reservations are limited and are not guaranteed for any specific dates or park. Once you purchase your Magic Key pass, follow these steps to book a theme park reservation, beginning Aug. 25.
- If I want to visit both parks on the same day, do I need to make two separate reservations? No. If your Magic Key theme park reservation is for both parks, it will count as one reservation toward your available reservation holds. Reservation based admission for both parks are subject to availability and are not guaranteed.
- If I purchase my Magic Key pass within the first 66 days, what additional benefits will I receive? In addition to all the great benefits that come with being a Magic Key pass holder, you will also receive a special charter member welcome package sent to the address on file, which will include a limited-edition Magic Key pin, celebratory button, magnet and more!
Are you making plans to purchase a Magic Key Annual Pass? If you purchase a Magic Key and enter Disneyland Park from Sept. 1 – Oct. 31, 2021, Disneyland will have a limited-time experience at Starcade in Tomorrowland where Magic Key holders can enjoy a photo opportunity, charging stations, and other fun Magic Key surprises. Are you planning on purchasing one of the keys for the new Magic Key program at Disneyland? Check out all the details as shared via Disneyland’s website and happy planning, Disneyland fans!