On October 1, Walt Disney World Resort kicked off its 50th anniversary celebration. There will be a number of exciting events happening during the 18-month long festivities — including a brand-new fireworks show at Magic Kingdom, new attractions like Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure at EPCOT, and a ton of great food and merchandise created just for the epic event.
To say that there will be a lot going on at the Parks at this time would be an understatement. It can also be assumed that crowds levels will be high as Disney World fans from around the world flock to Florida to celebrate the milestone. With the number of Guests who are sure to be visiting the theme parks, there may be some Guests who would like to be able to experience the magic of the 50th anniversary without having to go to a Park.
Well, Disney has thought of that and has revealed that many Resort hotels will have special food and merchandise offerings (and one will even have a scavenger hunt) that will be available throughout the 50th anniversary. Disney Parks Blog shared some more information on just what will be coming to the Walt Disney World Resort Hotels.
As regular readers know, the Disney Resorts Collection immerses you in fantastical settings – offering the same legendary storytelling, detail and guest service found in our parks. And for the 50th anniversary celebration, each hotel destination is shining like never before. From dazzling decor and celebratory treats to family-fun activities, new benefits and more, you’re surrounded by The World’s Most Magical Celebration when you stay in the magic!
So, let’s take a look at everything the Resort hotels will have to offer!
Walt Disney World Resorts have created special menus for the special anniversary. Here’s the delicious food that Guests can indulge in and where they can do it.
The Mara, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Chocolate Mousse with a cardamom financier
Sanaa, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- African Triple-Chocolate Mousse – Dark chocolate from Ghana, milk chocolate from Madagascar, blond chocolate from France, chocolate-almond biscuit, and strawberries
Contempo Café, Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- 50th Anniversary Peanut Butter-Banana Pie – Sweet tart shell filled with peanut butter mousse and banana sauce topped with chocolate glaze and chocolate décor
Toledo–Tapas, Steak, and Seafood, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Braised Lamb Shank with olive oil-potato purée, rosemary-roasted garlic gravy, huckleberry jam, and English peas
- 50th Anniversary Dessert – Almond Cheesecake – Marcona almond, lemon curd, pistachio sponge, meringue, cherry gelée, fresh raspberries
P&J’s Southern Takeout, Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campgrounds
- Chicken Dinner Cupcake Trio
- Fried chicken-apple fritter, apple pie moonshine filling, and vanilla buttercream
- Peas and carrots-strawberry moonshine custard, white chocolate frosting, and M&M’S Mini “peas”
- Mock mashed potato-SNICKERS mousse cupcake, caramel buttercream, and STARBURST “butter”
Grand Floridian Café, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- 50th Anniversary Vintage Minnie’s Brown Betty Profiterole – Crunchy-topped cream puff filled with one of Walt’s favorite flavors of cinnamon-spiced apples and Chantilly cream
Gasparilla Island Grill, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- 50th Anniversary Mickey EARidescent Cupcake – Vanilla cupcake filled with lemon curd topped with blueberry mousse and enrobed in an EARidescent glaze
Olivia’s Cafe, Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Spam-Cheddar Biscuits with white gravy and drizzled with honey
Capt. Cook’s, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- 50th Celebration Cupcake – Vanilla cupcake with DOLE Whip center, tropical fruit salsa, and pineapple macaron
Le Petit Café, Disney’s Riviera Resort
- 50th Celebration Cupcake – Vanilla cupcake, cake-flavored mousse, and caramel-buttercream icing garnished with crisp pearls, 50th anniversary sprinkles, and a whimsical gold Mickey
Topolino’s Terrace-Flavors of the Riviera, Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Vanilla and Citrus Crème Brûlée – Morello cherry compote, strawberry cream, sugared beignets, chocolate meringues, 50th Anniversary chocolate stamp
Roaring Fork, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Petit Stump Cake – Chocolate cake with birthday cake buttercream filling surrounded by chocolate “bark” fondant topped with 50th anniversary chocolate coin
Geyser Point Bar & Grill, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Lemon Meringue Pie – House-made tart shell, lemon curd with a toasted meringue
The Market at Ale & Compass, Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- 50th Celebration Tart – Birthday cake mousse dome on top of a milk chocolate mousse-filled vanilla tart shell with mini chocolate crisp pearls, buttercream, fondant, and chocolate décor
Select Disney Resorts will also offer the 50th Signature S’Mores with blueberry marshmallows and a special 50th chocolate medallion.
California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort will also be offering a special 50th anniversary inspired menu and, if you choose to dine there, you can get a great view of Disney Enchantment fireworks as they light up the skies over Magic Kingdom Park.
Beginning November 19, Walt Disney World Resort Guests will be able to pick up a scavenger hunt sheet from their respective hotels. The scavenger hunt will be themed to Disney World’s opening day attractions and the tickets that were needed to ride them.
Guests staying at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will even have their own special scavenger hunt themed just for them that will celebrate the history of the popular hotel.
Disney Resorts are known for their amazing themed pools, and Disney will be taking advantage of those to host some great pool parties. Here is more information from Disney Parks Blog on the fun that awaits:
There’s more family-fun to experience at Disney Resort hotels with 50th-themed pool parties that celebrate the heritage of Walt Disney World Resort. Pool party themes include:
- 70’s Pop Culture – celebrating the decade it all started!
- Magic Kingdom – highlighting the theme park along with classic attractions.
- Heritage Resorts – showcasing activities themed to resorts.
For years, Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resorts have been able to take advantage of purchasing refillable mugs that will allow them to help themselves to things like fountain soda, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. Now, those mugs will have special 50th designs that Guests can choose from to make a great souvenir.
What Walt Disney World Resort 50th Experience are you most looking forward to?