Summer is here in full force and that means hot temperatures and high crowd levels at Walt Disney World. Trying to navigate through a sea of people in ninety degree heat can test even the most patient of guests. Luckily, Disney has tons of frozen food and beverage options to cool down and they are readily available almost anywhere on property. While we all love the Mickey bars and Dole whips, sometimes a cold cocktail is just the refreshment you are looking for to relax in the summer sun.
- Alcoholic Popsicles: Via Napoli beverage and snack cart in the Italy pavilion now offers alcoholic popsicles and they are to die for. There are 3 flavor options currently being offered and they are as follows; Limoncello popsicle made with Limoncello liqueur and locally grown raspberries, Berry Sangria popsicle made from locally sourced wine and fresh berries, and the Sparkling Strawberry Wine popsicle made from Florida’s Island Grove Wine Company wine and locally grown strawberries. They are all delicious but the Limoncello is especially spectacular.
- Margarita: If you are looking for something with a little more kick to it then head over to the Mexico pavilion in World Showcase and step into Cava del Tequila for an expertly crafted margarita. The Jalapeno margarita is the perfect balance of spicy and refreshing. It’s made with muddled jalapenos and cucumbers and has a beautifully garnished hibiscus salt rim.
- Ice Cream Martini: Prefer a sweeter treat? The France pavilion in World Showcase has several satisfying options for that sweet tooth. L’Artisan de Glaces offers an Ice Cream Martini which is made with 2 scoops of ice cream, a shot of Grand Marinier, and whipped flavored vodka or rum.
- Orange Slush: Also in the France pavilion, Le Vins de Chefs de France has their signature Orange Slush which is made with Grand Marinier, rum, Grey Goose orange vodka, and orange juice. This is one of the most popular frozen adult beverages in the park and for good reason. It’s amazing!
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been the park in the most transition in the past few years. With the recent addition of Toy Story Land and the rapidly approaching Galaxy’s Edge opening, crowd levels at this park have been soaring and will surely only increase in the future. It’s so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle that sometimes you just need a break from it all and this park has some great frozen cocktails for just that. I’m sure Galaxy’s Edge will bring us a whole new assortment of delicious libations but for now there are several great options to enjoy.
- Watermelon Margarita: ABC Commissary has a Watermelon margarita that tastes like summer in a glass. It’s blended with Patron tequila, sweet and sour, and watermelon flavors over ice. Even the summer obsessed Olaf would approve of this one.
- Vodka Lemonade: If you are looking for a more traditional summer favorite like lemonade then head over to Backlot Express for a lemonade treat with a tropical twist. Their Vodka Lemonade is made with Tito’s vodka, Guava, and Odwalla All Natural Lemonade. It’s simple and delicious and pairs well with almost any of the food they serve.
- Kahlua and Cream Milkshake: Dessert is always a nice way to end a long day, so is a nightcap. Dockside Diner has you covered for both with their deliciously rich and boozy Kahlua and Cream Milkshake. This drink is like an ice cream sundae in a glass. It includes a choice of vanilla or chocolate ice cream blended with Kahlua and Baileys Irish Cream liquor. Honestly, who doesn’t love a good milkshake?
Disney’s Animal Kingdom is such a beautiful park, with all of it’s lush foliage and exotic lands you can’t help but feel like you have been transported to one of the world’s most exciting destinations. This park also has some exotic drink choices to go along with the theme. So when you have had enough of the summer sun, find a shady place and cool off with one of these wonderful cocktails.
- Rum Blossom: Pongu Pongu in the land of Pandora has a drink that is just a sweet to sip as it is to look at. The Rum Blossom is so cool looking it’s almost too pretty to drink….almost. This drink has Bacardi rum along with layers of apple, desert pear limeade, and is topped with passion fruit boba balls
- Khumbu Icefall: Headed over to Expedition Everest? Well if so then stop by Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks which is nestled in near the mountain. They have a cocktail called the Khumbu Icefall which will cool your body down and raise your spirits. It features Cruzan guava rum and is blended with coconut and raspberry puree. Itś the perfect treat to calm your nerves before your expedition.
- King’s Cooler: Animal Kingdom is also the perfect place to celebrate your love for all things Lion King related. For a limited time you can enjoy the King’s Cooler at Tamu Tamu. This twist on the classic Dole Whip features the traditional pineapple whip but it is infused with rum and topped with a red watermelon and coconut syrup. So Hakuna Matata, you will surely have no worries for the rest of your day after one or two of these.
Even the hottest day at Walt Disney World still beats even the most perfect of days anywhere else, so relax and enjoy one of these fabulous cocktails at the most magical place on Earth. Have you tried any of these yet? What is your favorite alcoholic cool down at Disney World?