James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 was a huge theatrical hit with praise from Marvel Studios fans as well as movie critics. Fans praised the MCU movie for its emotional aspects and comedic moments while still being an action-packed superhero film.
Here are 30 of my totally unfiltered thoughts as I watched Marvel Studios’ last Guardians film for the very first time.
Can you tell which part I’m at by my thoughts – did you think the same things?? If you haven’t seen Guardians Vol. 3 yet, please don’t spoil yourself and SCROLL to the bottom PAST the numbers to see the Disney+ stream date!!
WARNING: Though wildly out of context, this post contains spoilers for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
- Wait, this film is 335 minutes long!?
- No, no, no, I can’t with the sad animals…
- Oh my gosh, they JUST fixed up this town.
- Star Lord really is the WORST under pressure.
- Nebula is such a badass honestly.
- Woah, Groot is tall again!
- *Baby Rocket says, “hurts.”* Me: *crumbles into oblivion.*
- “Kill one stupid guy no one loves….” LOL
- Who’s that actor? I know him… (It was Nico Santos of Superstore.)
- Oh yea, Sylvester Stallone is in this franchise.
- Gamora makes green look gooooood.
- Is that Bradley Cooper doing a baby voice? (Nope, it was Noah Raskin.)
- Did he just create a Ninja Turtle?
- Love these color assigned space suits.
- Wait, Pom Klementieff (Mantis) is stealing this movie.
- Nebula really is just babysitting all these fools, isn’t she?
- Hey, that’s the Castle guy!
- Did I mention Zoe Saldana’s makeup is just flawless?
- This emotional build with the animals is actually killing me.
- NO, NOT ANOTHER SAD PET, PLEASE.
- Interesting scene choice for Marvel’s first F-bomb…
- Since when can Groot sprout wings!?
- Oh my gosh, there’s still 45 minutes left.
- We all knew you were a raccoon, dude, glad you got there.
- Save the other animals, Rocket, what are you doing?? Don’t leave them!
- Oof, you really gonna peel his face off like that and show me? Okay…okay…
- Oh, thank goodness for the animals.
- YAS Florence and the Machine, the dog days ARE over!
- Did Groot just use more words, or did I just finally understand him…??
What a ride! I laughed, I cried, I had a few panic attacks. What was your Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 experience like? You still need to see it? Well, don’t worry! It starts streaming on Disney+ on August 2!
Check out Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Pom Klementieff, Karen Gillan, and more in this box office hit for Marvel Studios!