Get ready to sing and dance along with famous Disney and Pixar songs. Dancing With The Stars will feature a Disney100 episode on October 17. The popular “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” from the beloved movie Encanto (2021) will be the opening number during the show.
The #Disney100 episode of Dancing With The Stars will air on Oct. 17 and will feature a “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” opening number. Contestants will perform to songs from Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Dumbo, The Lion King, Fantasia, Coco, Lady and the Tramp, and more. pic.twitter.com/PkMS8iC6s2
— Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) October 12, 2023
Other popular songs will be used throughout the episode by contestants as they perform their dance routines. Some of the songs will be from beloved movies such as Beauty and the Beast (1991), Cinderella (1950), Dumbo (1941, The Lion King (1994), Fantasia (1940), Coco (2017), and Lady and the Tramp (1955) and many more.
Dancing With the Stars
Dancing with the Stars is an American dance competition series that is in season thirty-two. Episodes air live on Tuesdays at 8:00 pm EST on both ABC and Disney+. This year, the show is hosted by Alfonso Ribeiro and Julianne Hough. Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba, and Derek Hough are the three judges who provide feedback and scores for competitors.
This year, the entire cast includes the following stars (taken from Entertainment Weekly):
- Supermodel Tyson Beckford with partner Jenna Johnson
- Marvel star Xochitl Gomez with partner Val Chmerkovskiy
- How I Met Your Mother (2005) star Alyson Hannigan with partner Sasha Farber
- Social media and reality TV star Harry Jowsey, with partner Rylee Arnold
- Bachelorette Charity Lawson with partner Artem Chigvintsev
- Vanderpump Rules‘ (2013) Ariana Madix with partner Pasha Pashkov
- Grammy-winning singer Jason Mraz with partner Daniella Karagach
- NFL All-Star Adrian Peterson with partner Britt Stewart
- Singer and social media star Lele Pons with partner Brandon Armstrong
- Oscar-winning actress Mira Sorvino, with partner Gleb Savchenko
- Actress Jamie Lynn Spears with partner Alan Bersten
- Real estate mogul and TV star Mauricio Umansky with partner Emma Slater
- Comedian and actor Matt Walsh, with partner Koko Iwasaki
- The Brady Bunch (1969) star Barry Williams with partner Peta Murgatroyd
Ever since the movie Encanto hit the theatres, the song “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” became a huge hit—this song, written by Lin-Manuel Miranda, digs into the gossip around Mirabel’s uncle Bruno. With the ability to see the future, Bruno was estranged from the rest of the Madrigal family. The song was a catchy, mystery element that launched it to success.
Bruno can be seen at Walt Disney World as he is now in the Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade. Typically happening towards the late afternoon, the Disney Adventure Friends Cavalcade is full of beloved Disney and Pixar characters. Although guests can’t meet Bruno during their Walt Disney World vacation, they can meet Mirabel. She now meets guests in the Magic Kingdom at Fairytale Garden.
Bruno did meet guests previously in Disney California Adventure during Oogie Boogie Bash. This special event has been the only time guests have been able to spend 1:1 time with Bruno while in a Disney park.
We can’t wait to see how the performers bring these beloved Disney songs to the stage on October 17 on Dancing With The Stars.