The Disney Cruise Line fleet has been wowing Disney fans for years! The four current ships in the fleet, including Disney Magic, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and Disney Wonder are all spectacular in their own way. But now, Disney is pulling out all the stops when it comes to the 5th and newest ship in the fleet set to cruise the big blue for its maiden voyage in summer 2022. That’s right – the Disney Wish will preparing for her grand debut. And now, Disney is releasing more details that will keep the kids (and adults!) happy while on board.
As if we aren’t excited enough about the dream suite, Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure, or the “never been done before in a restaurant” experience… Disney Wish is dishing out MORE! If you’ve been following along with Disney’s unveiling of the Disney Wish, you may already know that the new ship will feature a totally reimagined Disney’s Oceaneer Club, where kids ages 3 to 12 will experience the worlds of Marvel Super Heroes, Disney Princesses, “Frozen” friends and Disney Imagineers in brand-new ways. Now, we are learning two more magical experiences debuting in Disney’s Oceaneer Club aboard the Disney Wish next summer including Star Wars: Cargo Bay and Mickey and Minnie Captain’s Deck! Check out the “Designing the Disney Wish” video above for a sneak peek at the imaginative kids’ spaces coming to the Disney Wish with more details below about the new entertainment and character experiences throughout Disney’s Oceaneer Club.
New Adventures at Star Wars: Cargo Bay
Disney Parks Blog shares: “The peculiar creatures and legendary characters of the Star Wars galaxy will take center stage at Star Wars: Cargo Bay. This first-of-its-kind immersive experience will place kids in the important role of creature handlers as they learn to manage a mischievous menagerie of exotic beings from across the galaxy, including a porg, Loth-cat, worrt, and more. Throughout the cruise, they’ll use augmented reality-enabled datapads to track and study the creatures on a series of special assignments. But there’s more to this job than meets the dianoga eye: The new crew will actually be joining an important mission to deliver a pair of secret stowaways, Rey and Chewbacca, back to the Resistance. During the interactive “Star Wars: Creature Challenge” experience, the newly minted caretakers will be put to the test as they help feed the lifelike creatures and encounter some of the most dangerous beings in the galaxy. When things go awry, they’ll need to call on the expertise of Rey and Chewbacca — and even channel the Force — to secure the ship from destruction.”
A Celebration of Exploration at Mickey and Minnie Captain’s Deck
Disney goes on to share details about another experience called Mickey and Minnie’s Captain’s Deck: “Specially designed for the youngest sailors at Disney’s Oceaneer Club, Mickey and Minnie Captain’s Deck is a nautical playground inspired by the colors, icons, and magic of Disney Cruise Line. This brand-new space will be filled with an array of maritime-themed physical and sensory-style games and activities, such as pipe slides and crawl-throughs, ship’s wheels, “busy boxes” fashioned as ship controls, and cushy life preserver seating areas. When little cadets enter the space, they’ll set sail on a fun-filled adventure and enjoy quality playtime with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse themselves. At select times throughout the voyage, the space will be open to little ones’ families for group play, and the toddlers from “it’s a small world” Nursery will also get dedicated access to the club to explore, learn and play with Mickey and Minnie. The signature experience will be “Minnie’s Captain Academy,” a high-energy training session for kids to exercise their bodies (through playful games, dancing, and maritime “drills”) and their minds, testing their imagination and ingenuity during a series of challenges tied to STEAM principles (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics). Captain Minnie will inspect their progress and officially declare them honorary captains!”
Quality Play Time with Super Heroes, Princesses and “Frozen” Friends
But wait… Disney isn’t stopping there! At Disney’s Oceaneer Club, kids will have more opportunities than ever to have fun with Disney characters during expertly developed games and programs – and when characters stop by, they will stay to play. Like “Star Wars: Creature Challenge” and “Minnie’s Captain Academy,” each space will offer uniquely interactive, memorable experiences that are exclusive to Disney Cruise Line.
- At Marvel Super Hero Academy, young recruits will join a hands-on training session with Ant-Man and The Wasp, who will teach them how to create and test their very own Pym Particles, the technology that allows these heroes to shrink and grow objects (and themselves).
- Also at Marvel Super Hero Academy, kids will team up with the masterminds from Pym Technologies and Wakandan Design Group — including a special appearance by Black Panther — to thwart Taskmaster’s evil plan to hack into the academy’s system and steal the world’s most advanced hero tech.
- When the hub of Disney’s Oceaneer Club transforms into the Snuggly Duckling tavern from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Tangled,” kids will have the best day ever with Rapunzel and Flynn Rider as they embark on a scavenger hunt to recover the missing pieces of the Snuggly Duckling sign.
- In Belle’s Library, children will use their imaginations to create the most daring, hilarious, fantastical new story for their favorite booklover. Belle will lend her wits and her magic mirror to help determine the characters, plot and conclusion of the brand-new tale.
- At Anna and Elsa’s Sommerhus, the newest citizens of Arendelle will join a special celebration of Queen Anna’s recent coronation by acting out the history of how she became queen — taking on the roles and iconic movie moments of characters like Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Kristoff, Hans and more — before the queen, her sister and their snowman friend show up to join the fun.
How amazing does all that sound?! Not only are we as parents impressed by all the Disney Wish Cruise Ship has to offer for adults, but we’re thrilled to know our kids are going to have an outstanding time! There really is something for ALL ages to enjoy. Are you ready to experience all Disney Wish has to offer? Check out all the details of Disney’s newest cruise ship along with bookings available here. Happy planning (and sailing!), Disney cruisers!