Disney World is clarifying the offer of free Disney Dining plans for Disney+ subscribers that the company first shared on Tuesday, and guests might not be happy with some of the newly-released details.
On Tuesday, the Walt Disney World Resort announced a brand-new promotional offer that includes free Disney Dining plans for Disney+ subscribers, following the announcement in May 2023 that the Disney Dining plan was scheduled to return to Disney World on January 9, 2024. Bookings including the new dining plans were available as of May 31, 2023.
This week, Disney World shared news about a new offer for Disney+ subscribers who purchase select vacation packages at Disney World. Per the announcement, the offer applies to non-discounted 4-night, 4-day vacation packages that include a room at select Disney Resort Hotels, as well as theme park tickets with the Park Hopper option added on. The promotional offer extends to packages purchased for travel between July 1, 2024 and September 30, 2024.
But on Wednesday, Disney World made another announcement, this time clarifying the specifics about eligible stays that will net guests the free Disney Dining plans–and which Disney Dining plan is available to guests, depending on where they’re staying on property.
The following points are the highlights of Disney World’s clarification:
- Guests who select a Disney Value or Moderate Resort Hotel or The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort will receive the Quick-Service Dining plan, but they can pay to upgrade to the Disney Dining plan.
- Guests who book their stays at a Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort hotels will receive the Disney Dining Plan.
- Guests who book at The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort will not be eligible for the free Disney Dining plan promotion.
- Guests who book three-bedroom grand villas at Disney Deluxe Villa Resort hotels are also excluded from this offer.
- The free Disney Dining plan promotion is only available to Disney+ subscribers in the U.S. and Canada. Subscribers in other countries are not eligible for the promotion.
- It’s worth restating that in order to receive the free Disney Dining plan promotion, guests must include the park hopper option with their theme park tickets.
Dining Locations Available to Guests With the Dining Plan
The following locations are available to guests as part of the Disney Dining plan. They are categorized by Disney World theme park. A notation of two asterisks (**) is included next to the name of each restaurant that requires two table-service credits.
Magic Kingdom Locations
- Be Our Guest Restaurant**
- Cinderella’s Royal Table**
- The Crystal Palace
- The Diamond Horseshoe
- Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen
- Liberty Tree Tavern
- The Plaza Restaurant
- Tony’s Town Square Restaurant
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall**
- Biergarten Restaurant
- Coral Reef Restaurant
- Garden Grill Restaurant
- La Hacienda de San Angel
- Le Cellier Steakhouse**
- Nine Dragons Restaurant
- Rose & Crown Dining Room
- San Angel Inn Restaurante
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- 50’s Prime Time Cafe
- Hollywood & Vine
- The Hollywood Brown Derby**
- Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
- Roundup Rodeo BBQ
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- The BOATHOUSE**
- Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’
- City Works Eatery & Pour House
- The Edison
- Enzo’s Hideaway
- House of Blues Restaurant & Bar
- Jaleo by Jose Andres**
- Mario & Enzo’s Ristorante
- Morimoto Asia**
- Paradiso 37
- Planet Hollywood
- Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant
- Rainforest Cafe
- Splitsville Dining Room
- Teralina Crafted Italian
**Requires two Table-Service meal credits
Additional restaurants located at Walt Disney World Resort Hotels are also available to guests with the Disney Dining plan. For more information about the Disney Dining plan and other locations, click here.