There is currently a lot of construction going on at the Walt Disney World Resort, and we mean a lot! EPCOT is getting a complete transformation, Polynesian Village is getting a brand-new building, and Disney’s BoardWalk is getting some new eateries. One of those new dining options is called the BoardWalk Deli, and it will bring Guests to the heart of the Northeast during those beautiful summer months. From breakfast delights to sandwiches made with homemade breads, and more treats than you can imagine, Disney’s BoardWalk Deli is sure to be a hot spot.
At this time, Disney has not OFFICIALLY announced when the BoardWalk Deli will be opening, but we think they may have revealed the date on the Walt Disney World Resort website. According to the website, Disney’s BoardWalk Deli will open at 7 a.m. on August 15! That’s right, in less than three weeks!
Here are just some of the scrumptious offerings that are coming to Disney’s BoardWalk Deli:
- Bagel Breakfast Sandwich – made with cage-free eggs, bacon, sweet caramelized onions, and cheddar cheese
- Plant-Based Ciabatta Sandwich – made with “egg” Florentine, plant-based cheese, tomato jam, and arugula
- Warm Pastrami Reuben – made with rolls of thin-sliced warm pastrami topped with sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Thousand Island dressing on marble rye bread
- Plant-Based Veggie Crunch Muffaletta – stacked with cured and pickled root vegetables, an olive-giardiniera tapenade, and plant-based cheese, served on focaccia
- Roasted Chicken Sandwich – made with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, and roasted garlic aioli served on ciabatta
- Traditional Cannoli (filled to order!) – a crispy shell with a creamy blend of mascarpone cheese, ricotta, and shaved dark chocolate, with a hint of lemon zest and a chocolate Mickey
- Blueberry Scone – made with crème Fraiche and topped with pearl sugar
- New Jersey Crumb Cake – a moist cake with a thick cinnamon-crumb topping
- New York-style Half-Moon Cookie – topped with rich chocolate ganache and buttercream
- Chocolate Hand-Dipped Cream Puff
Again, it is important to remember that Disney has not officially announced that the bakery is opening on August 15. However, they have said that the Deli will be opening later this summer, so August 15 aligns with that statement. Hopefully, the Walt Disney World website is correct, and we can indulge in these eats and sweets in just a few weeks! In addition to the BoardWalk Deli, a new bakery — The Cake Bake Shop — will also be opening later this year, adding even more deliciousness to the BoardWalk.
What are you most excited to try at BoardWalk Deli?