Are you a person who loves everything about social media? Do you love finding new ways to engage with your audience? Do you love creating new videos that showcase who you are and what you love? Most importantly, do you love absolutely everything about Disney — from the Parks to the food to the merchandise? Then we may have found the perfect job for you! The Walt Disney Company is currently looking to hire a Social Media Content Coordinator to boost and improve their social media presence, especially on the platform TikTok.
Disney recently posted the job on its Disney Careers website. Here is more information on the role that the company is looking to fill.
The Social Media Content Coordinator is responsible for developing and influencing social media strategies and tactics that expand DPEP (Disney Parks, Experiences and Products) social media presence and are in alignment with communications business objectives. The goal is to find creative ways to build brand trust and loyality within internal and external audiences, as well as achieve the greatest reach and shareability through compelling visual storytelling and content. The ideal candidate thrives in an agile and collaborative environment, is willing to take risks and share original, clever and innovative ideas, and has a deep passion for the Disney brand. Experience with all aspects of social media and an avid user of various social platforms, especially TikTok, is required for this role.
The Social Media Content Coordinator role has a duration of approximately 12-months with weekly hours varying but averaging around 29 hours per week.
While the main aspects of the job will be creating content for Disney’s TikTok, there are a number of other responsibilities that the Content Coordinator will have. Here’s what the job will entail:
- Contributes to building a team that is nimble, creative, optimistic, disruptive, and develops fresh ideas.
- Brainstorms, develops and recommends social strategies, campaigns and content with brand, product and business priorities top of mind.
- Partners with communications teams (e.g., Public Relations, Media Relations, Internal Communications) to understand business priorities and objectives.
- Executes on social media strategy by creating innovative, engaging and timely content via mobile device or other portable technologies. Will collaborate with video and technology teams as directed.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with Disney partners to establish trust and engagement with other teams.
- Demonstrates innovation, creativity and thoughtful integration through all work.
- Reviews analytics on performances, views, and engagement and makes recommendations as needed for future campaigns.
- Keeps current on internal and external audiences to understand their preferences and how best to creatively inform and engage.
- Researches current events and news relevant to the industry and community that can be promoted and discussed.
- Stays up-to-date on social media trends and platforms, to better develop creative and innovative content strategies and campaigns. Platforms include, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat and TikTok.
There is certainly a lot of responsibility that comes with this job, but if you just love all things that have to do with creating content on social media, then this could be just the kind of work that you are looking for.
You can read more about the Social Media Content Coordinator job posting, and also apply, by clicking here.