When Disneyland Resort was forced to shut down due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many Disneylanders hoped that the closure would only be for a month or two. Walt Disney World was able to reopen after about four months, but Disneyland remained shuttered for 412-days. While Disneyland Resort may have been behind Disney World when it came to reopening, it has since been ahead in nearly everything else.
Disneyland saw its trams return, while Disney World still only has trams at the Magic Kingdom and Ticket and Transportation Center. Disneyland also saw the return of its Christmas parade and fireworks show. Now, The Happiest Place on Earth will soon also see the return of Disney’s Main Street Electrical Parade to Disneyland Park and World of Color to Disney California Adventure Park. Disneyland Forever fireworks will also be replacing Mickey’s Mix Magic in just over a week.
To celebrate the return of all of these incredible experiences, Disneyland Resort will be releasing a ton of great, and colorful new food. Let’s take a look at what is sure to make the mouths of Disneyland foodies water.
Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor hosted by Dreyer’s (available on Mobile Order)
- Uni-cone: Banana, cherry, and pistachio ice cream in a white chocolate-dipped waffle cone with fantasy sprinkles
Hub Churro Cart
- Blueberry Looks Good on You: Blueberry-flavored sugar-dusted churro (New)
- Blueberry Cheesecake Dipping Sauce: Blueberry fruit topping with cream cheese icing (New)
Fantasyland Theatre and Small World Popcorn Carts
- Electric Sweet & Salty Popcorn: Colorful sweet kettle corn combined with butter-flavored popcorn (New)
Fantasyland and Small World Churro Carts
- Electric Sprinkle Dip: Citrus buttercream frosting with sprinkles (New)
Jolly Holiday Bakery Café (available on Mobile Order)
- Parade Macaron: Yellow macaron filled with honey buttercream and lemon curd topped with rainbow sprinkles and Main Street Electrical Parade drum decoration (New)
- Mine Cart Brownie: White chocolate-dipped dark chocolate brownie topped with sugar gems
- Linzer Cookie: Citrus shortbread linzer cookie with strawberry glaze
- Parade Confetti Bundt Cake: Confetti cake with blue sopapilla filling, cream cheese glaze, and Main Street Electrical Parade chocolate décor (New)
- Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package: Plaza Inn fried chicken, smoky mac n’ cheese, oven-roasted carrots, baby wedge salad, Mickey-shaped corn bread, and berry cheesecake (only available with purchase of the dining package) (kids option also available)
Refreshment Corner Hosted by Coca-Cola (available on Mobile Order)
- Electric Relish Dog: All-beef hot dog, bacon, mustard cheese sauce, electric relish, and sport peppers served with a choice of a Cuties mandarin orange or small bag of chips (New)
- Firefly Chips: Corn chips topped with chili, cheddar, Monterey Jack, and jalapeños
Red Rose Taverne hosted by Minute Maid (available on Mobile Order)
- Pineapple Night Light: Fresh pineapple purée and Sprite with a glow cube (New)
Town Square Churro Cart
- Parade Dreams: Colorful sugar-dusted churro with fruit drizzle garnished with rainbow candy (New)
Town Square Popcorn Cart
- Electric Pop: Brightly-colored kettle corn (New)
Disney California Adventure Park
Paradise Gardens Park
- World of Color Dessert Party: Indulge in sweet delights including raspberry cookies, cheesecake, and Mickey crispies.
Wine Country Trattoria
- World of Color Dining Package: Prior to the show, enjoy a delicious 3-course meal, including dishes like chicken Parmesan, fettuccine Alfredo, salmon, roasted vegetable lasagna, and tiramisu to name a few. Simply check-in with your host or server about upgrading your reservation to the dining package!
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- World of Color Dining Package: Indulge in an all-you-care-to-enjoy dinner buffet with specialty sweets and a non-alcoholic beverage followed by reserved seating for World of Color. Upon arrival for your reservation, just let your server or the host know you want an upgrade to this exciting enhancement.
Disney’s Main Street Electrical Parade and Disneyland Forever Fireworks will return to Disneyland Resort on April 22nd, but only for a limited time. Although Disney has not revealed how limited that time will be. World of Color is also set to make its return on April 28. The final popular nighttime show, Fantasmic!, will be returning to Disneyland Resort on May 28.