No matter what time of year you pick for visiting Walt Disney World, it’s always an exciting time to go.
Disney always does its best to remain interesting, fresh, and new, even adding special events to its itinerary, such as Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
What Exactly Is Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party?
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is exactly what it sounds like: a Halloween celebration in Magic Kingdom! The entire theme park is decorated for the season, with Mickey-shaped pumpkins, Disney villains, and classic Disney characters wearing Halloween costumes.
And they’re not the only ones who dress up! Guests of all ages are encouraged to dress up in family-friendly costumes. This is an extra special treat, considering Guests ages 14 and up aren’t usually allowed to dress up while visiting Walt Disney World.
Parades, Special Characters, Nighttime Spectaculars, Oh My!
It wouldn’t be a Magic Kingdom special event without a nighttime spectacular, and Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is no different. Guests visiting during this special event can catch a viewing of Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular, hosted by Jack Skellington, the Mayor of Halloweentown himself!
There’s also another nighttime show that Guests simply have to catch: Mickey’s Boo-To-You Parade. This parade is easily one of our favorites, and it manages to dazzle Guests every year…but something’s different this year. Actually, a lot of things are different.
Here’s A Detailed List of the Changes Guests Are Noticing
Guests have noticed a ton of changes have been made to Mickey’s Boo-To-You Parade this year! Here’s the list thus far:
- Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck, and Clarabelle now appear dressed as the Sanderson Sisters from the Hocus Pocus films.
- The first parade float Guests see used to be a gazebo, but now it’s a reused parade float from former Magic Kingdom parades.
- This year, Chip and Dale are dressed as a vampire and a pirate!
- This year, Goofy sits on the Frontierland parade float, where Clarabelle used to stand.
- Horace Horsecollar dances with the Country Bears this year.
- This year, Cruella DeVil is being driven around by Horace and Jasper, her two henchmen.
- Ursula and her henchmen, Flotsam and Jetsam, swim around and greet Guests as they watch the parade.
- This year, the cards make an appearance alongside the Queen of Hearts, who is holding a flamingo.
- This year, Foulfellow and Gideon from Pinocchio (1940) join the list of Disney Villains in Mickey’s Boo-To-You Parade.
That’s a long list of changes for this special event! It’s almost too many to keep up with. Want to see them in action? Check out this awesome TikTok, showcasing each change:
Lots of updates to Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade! #Goofy #MickeysBootoYouHalloweenParade #BootoYou #FarmerGoofy #Frontierland #WDW #WaltDisneyWorld #MNSSHP #MickeysNotSoScaryHalloweenParty #MagicKingdom #MK #グーフィー #DisneyVillains #SandersonSisters #ChipandDale #Ursula #HoraceandJasper #RareCharacters #RareCharacter
Have you noticed anything new about this year’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party event? Let us know!