In August at D23 in California, the Walt Disney Company announced an all new, exciting vision for Epcot in the coming years. Epcot will be transformed into four neighborhoods of World Showcase, World Celebration, World Nature and World Discovery. Each of these neighborhoods will strive to connect guests to the world and the people using innovation and hands on experiences like never before seen in Epcot.
1. Neighborhood #1: World Showcase
Epcot’s World Showcase will continue to focus on culture, cuisine as well as stories and architecture from around the world. A few new touches will be added to World Showcase over the next few years to help add to the learning and experiences guests can have while visiting.
- The biggest announcement came for the UK Pavilion. A brand-new Mary Poppins attraction will be coming! Guests will “step in time down Cherry Tree Lane” as they can then enter Number 17 the Banks house. Although we don’t know exactly what this attraction will bring we do know it will bring a huge following.
- Following Epcot Forever in 2020, Disney released that the new nighttime spectacular at Epcot will be HarmonioUS. This show will feature massive floating pieces, moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics, lasers and more. Music will inspire guests as they enjoy the show. Disney is saying that this will be the largest night time spectacular ever seen.
- Coming in 2020 will be Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure. This highly anticipated ride will shrink guests down to the size of Chef Remy as they travel around with him through adventures.
- Also, in France, will be a new La Creperie de Paris a table and quick service restaurant brought to us by Chef Jerome Bocuse.
- France will also get a new show in a Beauty and the Beast Sing Along. Guests will enjoy this new show being created by Don Hahn.
- Finally, both Canada Far and Wide as well as Wondrous China will be receiving an updated show. With new scenes and a new story both will continue to celebrate the countries.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. Neighborhood #2: World Celebration
World Celebration will focus on connecting guests to one another and the world around them. This neighborhood is located in the front of the park focusing around Spaceship Earth.
- Spaceship Earth will be receiving a major update as it changes to focus on the importance of storytelling to unite the human experience. Guests will enjoy new narrations, new music and be guided by a storylight throughout their journey.
- As guests leave Spaceship Earth, they will be able to enjoy new Dreamers Point. This will provide a new, breathtaking view of World Showcase from an elevated point.
- In this neighborhood, guests will be able to visit a brand-new statue of Walt Disney himself. Located in a natural environment, guests will be able to enjoy the gardens and other features around a statue of Disney.
- A new pavilion was announced for this area as well. This three-level structure is going to provide an elevated view of Epcot as well as be a central location for festivals. The three levels will be a plaza, middle expo area, and a sky level park. This new structure is designed to be the most remarkable architectural structure yet.
- Guests will also find a newly updated entryway to Epcot when visiting. New fountains, pathways and green spaces will welcome guests as they begin their journey.
3. Neighborhood #3: World Nature
World Nature will focus on understanding and preserving the beauty, awe and balance of the natural world. In this neighborhood guests will find their favorite Land and The Seas with Nemo and Friends Pavilions. Soarin’, Living with the Land and the Nemo ride will continue to be available to guests moving forward.
- In the World Nature, guests will be able to experience a new water focused experience called Journey into Water. This attraction is inspired by Moana and will allow guests to travel down an exploration trail where they can learn about the importance of water.
- Awesome Planet will be a new film in the Land Pavilion where beauty and diversity of the planet will be celebrated. This will be coming in early 2020.
4. Neighborhood #4: World Discovery
World Discovery will focus on the stories of science, technology and intergalactic adventures coming to life. In this neighborhood guests will be able to find their favorite rides of Test Track and Mission Space.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will be coming to the World Discovery neighborhood. Here guests will board a storytelling coaster that will rotate them 360 degrees throughout the ride to ensure best viewing possible. They will also experience the first ever reverse launch on a Disney ride.
- More space discovery will be coming with the opening of Space 220 the table service restaurant that will bring guests panoramic views of space both during the day and at night. After traveling on their elevator, guests will step out to view Earth from 220 miles up. Opening in winter of 2019, this Patina group restaurant is sure to be out of this world.
- PLAY pavilion will be opening for the 50th anniversary in 2021. This interactive city will allow guests to play games, activities, and have experiences with their favorite characters like never before. Disney announced that guests will be able to help Edna Mode rid the world of uninspired style or have a water balloon fight with Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webby.
There is so much to be excited about with the newly designed Epcot neighborhoods. As guests wait for new experiences to open, starting October 1st, they can head to the Odyssey Events Pavilion and take a look at Walt Disney Imagineering presents the Epcot Experience.