Viacom held a special event to showcase its new streaming service “Paramount+”, which will be launching in the United States on March 4th, when it rebrands CBS Access. Take a look at some of the few key Disney related shows that will be coming to Paramount+.
Paramount holds the distribution rights to the four Indiana Jones film, Paramount+ will have all four films available. However, the new fifth movie, will be distributed by Walt Disney Studios, so it would be heading eventually to Disney+.
EPIX Library Content
Paramount+ has an agreement to bring films from EPIX onto the new service, which includes a few Marvel films including: The Avengers, Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor. This is because Paramount Pictures distributed both Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger. Note: These titles won’t be leaving Disney+
Reduced Window Release
Select upcoming films from Paramount Pictures will have their streaming debut on Paramount+ immediately following a theatrical release window of 30-45 days, including: A Quiet Place Part II, PAW PATROL: The Movie and Mission: Impossible 7.
This will also put more pressure on Disney to release films onto Disney+ quicker than it did pre-covid, as both Paramount+ and HBO Max are releasing movies quicker onto their services. Universal has also changed its release window to be much shorter.
Paramount+ will be getting a new series of Criminal Minds, which is one of the top-rated series in broadcast and streaming. The new scripted series brings the team back together to investigate a single, fascinating case over 10 episodes. Disney’s ABC Signature Studios make the show for CBS, and Disney holds the international distribution rights to the series, which is why the first 15 seasons were added to Disney+ in some countries for the “Star” launch. So the series could potentially be a “Star Original” for Disney+ internationally.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
Here are some key details about Paramount+:
- Paramount+ to feature a massive content catalog of more than 30,000 episodes, 2,500 movie titles and over 1,000 live sporting events, plus around-the-clock news coverage
- Select Paramount Pictures films to stream on Paramount+ following a short theatrical release, including A Quiet Place Part II, PAW PATROL: The Movie and Mission: Impossible 7
- Over 50 original series to premiere on Paramount+ over next two years, including Halo, Frasier, Criminal Minds, iCarly, The Real World, Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies, shows from the Avatar, Yellowstone, Star Trek and SpongeBob SquarePants universes and more.
- Paramount+ to feature depth of content across key genres, including 7,000 episodes of kids’ content, 5,000 episodes of reality and 6,000 episodes of comedy
- Marquee sporting leagues and events on the service include the NFL, Masters, PGA TOUR, NCAA, SEC, The PGA Championship, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, National Women’s Soccer League, Concacaf and more.
- News offerings available include renowned CBS News programs, new series such as 60 Minutes+, live streams of local affiliates in over 200 markets across the U.S. and the 24-hour streaming news service CBSN.
- Paramount+ to launch in the U.S. on March 4, 2021, with broad distribution and leading launch sponsors, including General Motors, Expedia and Procter & Gamble
- Paramount+ will introduce two pricing tiers in the U.S.: A premium plan at $9.99 per month and an ad-supported base plan at $4.99 per month available in June.
- Paramount+ to debut in Latin America and Canada on March 4, 2021, the Nordics on March 25, 2021, and Australia, later this year, capitalizing on ViacomCBS’ global production capabilities, infrastructure and reach with additional markets to be announced.