A lot of experiences have been modified and adjusted since Walt Disney World reopened in July 2020. One of those big adjustments has been character interactions. To help keep our beloved princesses, Mickey and friends as well as guests safe, Disney has modified how guests can see their favorite characters right now in Walt Disney World. Here is how you can get your character fix during your next trip to Walt Disney World during this phased opening.
1. Character Cavalcades and More
At each of the four main parks, guests can enjoy mini parades of characters. These cavalcades are a great way for guests to see their favorite characters without having to wait in long lines or save a spot for a parade.
- In the Magic Kingdom, guests can see a variety of fun and unique characters throughout the day on these cavalcades. The four main cavalcades we have seen are Tink on her treasure chest, Royal Princess Processional, Goofy Cavalcade and Fantasyland Friends. Some special Halloween themed ones have popped up lately featuring Jack and Sally.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios brings out Pixar and Disney Jr favorites in their cavalcades. Mickey and friends can be seen in their amazing cars as can Buzz and fellow Pixar Pals like Sully from Monsters Inc. Doc McSuffins can also be seen cruising around with her Disney Jr. friends making sure everyone is safe and healthy.
- Chip n’ Dale, Scrooge, Launch Pad, Pocahontas and Meeko are just a few of the fun characters that can be seen in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The fun part about these character parades is that they are on the water. Boats take these characters throughout the waterways of the Animal Kingdom making it a truly unique experience.
- Epcot continues to be a great spot to see characters even during these adjusted times. Elsa and Anna can be seen in the World Showcase as they greet guests in their kingdom. Princesses as well as Mickey and friends can also be seen catching a ride through the World Showcase.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. Pop-Up Magic
Another great way to get a character fix while visiting Walt Disney World is by keeping eyes and ears opened for pop-up characters in the parks. In each of the four parks, it seems like random characters can be seen throughout the parks greeting and bring magic to guests. A favorite of ours is seeing Joy and Winnie the Pooh in Epcot at the Imagination Lawn. This interaction has been a favorite to see and a truly magical experience. In the Magic Kingdom, look for characters to show up at the train station or in Star Wars Galaxy Edge look for Stormtroopers to be watching for Rebels. These fun pop-up character spots are some of the most truly genuine interactions right now in Disney when it comes to the characters and we absolutely love them.
Typical character dining right now is not being offered throughout Disney property. This doesn’t mean that there isn’t any character dining, but just that the experience had been slightly modified. Guests wanting to see Mickey and friends have a few options still to see them while enjoying some food.
- At the Riviera Resort, guests can eat at Topolino’s where they can see Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Daisy in their artistic outfits. These are some of the most adorable outfits we have seen and are so glad that we can have the opportunity to see them once again. Although characters won’t stop at each table, they do parade around the dining area multiple times allowing guests to wave, take pictures and have a quick chat.
- Another great option coming soon is at Chef Mickey’s in the Contemporary Resort. This famous character dining experience will no longer be a buffet but will offer family style dining. We aren’t sure yet, but assume the character interaction will be very similar to that at the Riviera in that characters will travel at a safe distance from tables making multiple trips so guests can take pictures and interact from a distance.
- The final character meal being offered right now is Minnie’s Halloween Dine in Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Hollywood and Vine. This meal celebrations the Halloween season with Minnie and friends in their Halloween outfits. This meal is a three-course meal featuring a family style salad, entrée choice and dessert. Characters parade around the dining area as guests enjoy their meals. Even though the character meals are different, they are still extremely magical and a fun way to see a variety of characters at once.
Character interactions have been adjusted during the phased reopening of Walt Disney World in order to keep everyone safe, but there are still great ways to get your character fix while visiting. From the cavalcades to character dining, guests can enjoy seeing their favorite princesses and the main mouse himself during their vacation.