Do you hear that? Listen closely. It’s the sound of sleigh bells in the distance. Christmas may seem like a long way off but it’s going to be here before you know it! Walt Disney World is already getting ready for the holiday season and this year promises to be one of the best Christmas’ to be at Disney.
The most magical time of the year truly shines at “The Most Magical Place on Earth.” From beloved concerts, to amazing food, to a party that’s sure to put the jolly in your holly, there’s no better place to spend Christmas. This year more magical experiences than ever will be available. After the pandemic where festivities ground to a halt, things have slowly begun to go back to normal. This Christmas season sees the return of a much beloved Disney activity. That’s right, sleigh rides are back!
Carriage and wagon rides are a staple at Fort Wilderness Resort but during Christmastime they transform into festive “sleigh” rides! This tops our lists for best family activity AND most romantic activity outside of the Parks at Christmas. Your holiday adventure begins at Tri-Circle-D Ranch Barn and whisks you away on a 25 minute adventure through the beautifully decorated campground and through woodland trails for an experience unlike any other! Each sleigh ride is $75 (not including tax) and should be reserved in advance. If you’re ready to book your Christmas adventure, click here.
Some pointers and handy things to know from Disney:
- This experience may be canceled due to inclement weather, but will occur in rain and cold. Umbrellas, ponchos and sunscreen are not provided.
- Guests using a wheelchair must be able to step up into the sleigh.
- Rides accommodate 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 children only.
- There is a one-day cancellation policy. Full price will be charged/forfeited if a Guest cancels within one day or if they do not show up for the reservation.
- Please check in 15 minutes prior to your reservation at the New Tri-Circle-D Ranch barn near the settlement bus depot at the Cabins and Campsites of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort.
- If arriving in your own vehicle, please park near the main entrance of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground and take a complimentary bus ride to the Settlement Depot.
- Allow up to 1.5 hours to get to your destination when traveling within Walt Disney World Resort.