When Walt Disney World began their phased reopening in the summer of 2020, they launched a “Book with Confidence” cancellation policy which allowed guests the flexibility to cancel at any time, for any reason, without fees. This made those of us visiting during the pandemic extra relieved to know we would could book a resort room and if something unexpected happened, we’d have the ease of cancelling at no charge. It is important to note however that the Walt Disney World Resort “Book with Confidence” flexible cancellation policy is ending this week on April 30.
Current Book with Confidence details as noted on the Walt Disney World website include: “To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through April 30, 2021.”
Beginning May 1, the following is noted on the Walt Disney World website for Cancellation and Refunds:
- For cancellations made 30 days or more prior to guest arrival, amounts paid, minus cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers, non-refundable runDisney race registrations, non-refundable travel protection plan costs, and other amounts owed, will be refunded.
- For cancellations made 2 days to 29 days prior to guest arrival, amounts paid, minus a cancellation fee of $200.00 per package and minus any cancellation fees assessed by third party hotels or other suppliers, non-refundable runDisney race registrations, nonrefundable travel protection plan costs and other amounts owed, will be refunded.
- For cancellations made 1 day or less prior to guest arrival or for no-shows, the full price of the package is non-refundable.
- No refunds are given for cancellation of any personalized products or experiences.
- No refunds will be made for early departure from hotel and for unused or partially used admission tickets, options or features, including meals.
- Any refunds allowed by Disney in its sole discretion after arrival must be requested in writing within 90 days after departure and may be assessed a $25 processing fee.
- Disney reserves the right to make refunds in accordance with the method that payment was received. All appropriate refunds will be made through the guest’s travel agent if payment was made by the travel agent. Disney is not responsible for the receipt of refunded monies by guests from their travel agents.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
Well, we knew it would eventually come to an end! We were however thankful to have the flexibility while it lasted. As guests are flocking to Walt Disney World to finish out spring and kick off summer, be sure to review your resort cancellation policy with your Disney Travel Agent or via Walt Disney World’s website.