Gingerbread goes with the holiday season and Disney Parks Blog posted a Gingerbread-Cream Cheese Muffin recipe that screams delicious. This is just one of the many amazing holiday themed snacks you can find throughout Walt Disney World this year and now you can bring it to your home.
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil (1/4 cup butter, softened, may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Reserved cream cheese filling
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
FOR CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- Combine sugar and butter in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment and beat on low speed until there are no lumps. Add cream cheese and mix on medium speed for 3 minutes, until smooth.
- Reduce speed to low. Add egg and lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, up to 3 days, until ready to use.
FOR GINGERBREAD-CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare a muffin pan with 12 liners and set aside.
- Sift flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into medium bowl and set aside.
- Combine oil or butter, brown sugar, molasses, honey, and egg in bowl of electric mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Mix on medium speed until combined. Reduce speed to low and add buttermilk until incorporated.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed until combined. Scrape sides of mixer and mix an additional 30 seconds. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Place reserved cream cheese filling in piping bag fitted with large round tip. Insert piping tip into the center of each muffin, piping about 1 tablespoon into the center, then pipe a swirl around the top of the muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until top of muffin is firm when touched.
- Cool before serving
Bring the magic of the parks home with this recipe filled with delicious gingerbread goodness.
Source: Disney Parks Blog