Thanksgiving leftovers are a part of the holiday just like football and the main meal itself. We were thrilled when DisneyParksBlog posted Disneyland’s delicious ham sliders with pineapple cherry jam as a great option for our leftovers.
PINEAPPLE CHERRY JAM
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 8 brioche buns
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1/2 pounds Applewood smoked ham, sliced medium thickness
FOR PINEAPPLE CHERRY JAM:
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add pineapple, vinegar and sugar; cook on low heat for 45 minutes, until vinegar and pineapple juices are reduced and pineapple begins to break down.
- Stir in cherries and mustard; season with salt.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR HAM SLIDER:
- Preheat griddle or skillet over medium heat. Cut brioche buns in half and spread butter on cut side. Toast on hot griddle for 1 minute, or until golden brown.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat and warm ham.
- Evenly divide ham on warm brioche buns and top with jam.
Will you be trying out this Disneyland recipe with your Thanksgiving leftovers?