Disney Cruise Line has nearly a dozen ports located in countries across the world. Each cruise ship has its home port and, for the Disney Wonder, that home is in San Diego, California. The Disney Wonder offers a number of 3, 4, 5, and 7-day cruises that take Guests down the California coast to Baja, Mexico, and the Mexican Riviera. And Disney has just announced that this year, the Disney Wonder will have its longest sailing season ever!
The Disney Wonder will set sail from San Diego in Fall 2022 and sailings will go through Spring 2023. Disney Parks Blog shared more information on the sailings and all the magic that awaits those who board.
Home to 11 decks overflowing with restaurants, pools, recreation, imaginative kid’s clubs, adult-exclusive hotspots, special encounters with Disney characters, a spa and Broadway-caliber shows, the Disney Wonder is filled with adventure and plenty of Disney magic. And that’s not all! Your family can dine with Princess Tiana herself at Tiana’s Place, a restaurant inspired by “The Princess and the Frog.” While you might enjoy the live jazz music, this restaurant is my personal favorite because of the southern cuisine – and you better believe I’m getting the beignets for dessert!
In case that wasn’t enough, your family can also choose itineraries that include limited-time Halloween and holiday activities. Imagine experiencing the magic of the seasons at sea, including Halloween on the High Seas voyages and – for the first time from San Diego – Very Merrytime holiday cruises! Or, if you’re looking to escape winter back home to soak up magical fun, sun and relaxation while taking in the natural splendor of sun-kissed seaside towns, you can opt for early 2023 sailings.
There are a number of amazing stops that the Disney Wonder makes as it journeys down the beautiful West Coast. Here are the magical locations that you can find yourself in on these exclusive sailings:
- Mazatlan, the renowned “Pearl of the Pacific” and the perfect beachside escape with breathtaking natural wonders, thriving culture and colorful history.
- Cabo San Lucas, a favored destination with dramatic rock formations and white-sand beaches.
- Puerto Vallarta, a beautiful seaside resort wrapped around romantic Banderas Bay and bordered by the stunning Sierra Madre Mountains, where outdoor adventures abound.
- Ensenada, known for its turquoise blue water and rugged mountainous terrain.
- Catalina Island. Fabled in song and legend, Catalina abounds in wildlife, outdoor adventures and seaside charm. No visit is complete without stopping at the vast Wrigley Memorial Botanical Gardens or the gilded splendor of the Catalina Island Casino, a showplace that was beautifully restored to its 1930s Art Deco magnificence as a reminder of the island’s glorious past.
Before booking your very own magical Disney cruise, it is important to know that you and everyone in your party who is over 4 years old will be required to provide proof of vaccination. If you are traveling with anyone under 4, you will be required to show that they have received a negative COVID-19 test taken 24 hours to 3 days before the sailing. Negative COVID tests are not acceptable for any Guest who is vaccine-eligible.
In the United States, Disney Cruise Line also sails from Galveston, Texas, Port Canaveral, Florida, and Miami, Florida. Those who elect to take a Disney cruise to the Bahamas will also be able to visit Disney’s very own private island, Castaway Cay. This year will also see a brand-new cruise ship join the already impressive fleet. The Disney Wish will set sail on its maiden voyage this coming July.
What is your favorite Disney Cruise ship to sail on?