An official opening date and menu details have been revealed for the long-awaited Toy Story-inspired restaurant, Roundup Rodeo BBQ, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios… and we can’t wait!
Walt Disney World Resort is preparing for a new Disney dining experience at Disney’s Hollywood Studios that will feature one of its most popular franchises… Toy Story!
Get ready to experience a fun rodeo-themed table service restaurant that the beloved Andy from Toy Story (1995) has built for his pals, including Sheriff Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Bo Peep, and more. The colorful interior is a perfect match with its location in the Disney Park’s Toy Story Land.
The big news coming from @DisneyParks, as they shared on social media, “Howdy, partners! Get ready for some mouthwatering BBQ and all the fixin’s at Roundup Rodeo BBQ opening Mar. 23.”
Keep in mind while there are colorful images of Toy Story characters throughout the Roundup Rodeo BBQ restaurant, this is not a character dining experience. Instead, the table-service restaurant will feature family-style dishes for the whole party to enjoy.
And if you’re a fan of mouthwatering BBQ and fixin’s to go along with it, the menu for Roundup Rodeo BBQ looks delicious! Disney Parks Blog reports the menu with images as follows:
- Tomato Salad: Tomatoes, cucumbers, and pickled red onions tossed in a white balsamic vinaigrette and garnished with fresh dill (plant-based)
- Rex’s Romaine and Kale Salad: Romaine and kale mixed with green apples, pumpkin seeds, and dried cranberries tossed with green goddess dressing
- Watermelon Salad: Cubed watermelon garnished with freshly torn mint leaves (plant-based)
- Evil Dr. Smoked Ribs: Fall-off-the-bone pork ribs, slow-cooked for hours in our onsite smokehouse
- Buttercup’s Beef Brisket: Hand-sliced beef brisket, smoked then slow-cooked to juicy perfection
- There’s a Sausage in My Boot: Spiced pork sausage fire-grilled over live oak to give it an added kick
- BBQ Chicken – with Style! Chicken brined for 48 hours, rubbed with our secret backyard BBQ spice and smoked to tender juiciness
- Slow-smoked Cauliflower topped with sweet harissa drizzle and crunchy walnut gremolata
- Oven-roasted “Bratwurst” that is tender and juicy, sliced to perfection
- Impossible “Rib Chop” seasoned with spices, then roasted and glazed with sweet BBQ sauce and skewered on a sugar cane “bone”
Choose Four Sides for the Table
- The Married Spuds: Loaded potato barrels drizzled with green goddess dressing, cheese sauce, and seasoned BBQ spices
- Force Field Fried Pickles: Jumbo pickle spears coated with a dill-flavored breading and fried to perfection
- Slinky Doooooooooog Mac & Cheese: Spiral pasta in a creamy house-made cheese sauce topped with crumbled cheddar crackers
- Buckin’ Baked Beans: A traditional BBQ picnic favorite (plant-based)
- Cowpoke Corn on the Cob: Grilled and seasoned with a chili-lime spice blend, cilantro, cotija cheese, and lime juice
- Mean Old Potato Salad: Homestyle with red-skinned potatoes
- Veggie Slaw: Crunchy shredded veggie slaw that is a summertime favorite! (plant-based)
- Campfire-roasted Vegetables: A variety of roasted seasonal vegetables (plant-based)
- Cupcake à la Forky: Forky is up to something sweet! A classic chocolate cake with a gooey chocolate ganache center topped with velvety graham cracker buttercream and a sugar cookie
- Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake: An iconic creamy dessert that balances the tanginess of the cheesecake with the natural sweetness of blueberries and lemon
- Billy’s Chocolate Silk Pie: Layers of graham cracker crust and silky chocolate mousse topped with chantilly cream
- Goat’s Apple Pie: A picnic classic! Tart apples and warm pie spices balance perfectly with the creamy sweet filling under a crumble crust
- Gruff’s Peach-Strawberry Pie: With its silky sweet peaches and tartness of strawberries, this dessert is a fruit-centric delight! (plant-based)
- Snake Eye Margarita: Inspired by a summertime BBQ featuring watermelon, smoke, and a bit of spice!
- Rum Punch: Rum punch with vibrant flavors of passion fruit and pineapple finished with a smoky spiced garnish
- Chocolate with a Grown-up Twist: A blend of chocolate rum, horchata liqueur, cocoa, and flavors of toasted marshmallow
- Frozen Peanut Butter & Jelly: A fun frozen twist on the classic peanut butter & jelly featuring peanut butter whiskey
- Whiskey Lemonade: A fresh take on a strawberry lemonade made with Tennessee whiskey and Italian bitter aperitif
- The Rodeo Mule: A classic “patio sipper,” this mule mixes vodka with fresh juices and ginger beer
- Molly’s Frozen Iced Tea: A frosty concoction with iced tea and citrus flavors
- Frozen Cocoa: A frozen blend of cocoa and vanilla topped with miniature marshmallows
- Partysaurus Rex: Strawberry lemonade is even more fun when you garnish it with gummy worms!
RELATED: Jessie’s Trading Post Now Open in Toy Story Land!
It all sounds so enticing! With the opening on March 23, 2023, booking dates for reservations have yet to be announced. We do suspect, however, that when dining reservations do open for Roundup Rodeo BBQ, they will be extremely popular.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios’ Toy Story Land is a very busy portion of the theme park as Disney welcomes Park Guests to explore Andy’s backyard, which is filled with “toys” such as the Slinky Dog Dash roller coaster, Alien Swirling Saucers attraction, and the fan-favorite Toy Story Mania ride experience. Additionally, Woody’s Lunch Box is a quick-service restaurant in Toy Story Land that has proven to be a very popular restaurant option. We expect the same popularity for Roundup Rodeo BBQ.
As always, we will be sure to keep Disney Dining readers updated as we learn more about the grand opening details, the release of menu pricing, and a reservation opening date for the Roundup Rodeo BBQ.