Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays has brought many amazing dishes to guests visiting; however, this Beef Bourguignon is one that is a not to miss. We were excited when Disney Parks Blog shared the recipe so we could enjoy it at home this holiday season.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 ounces smoked bacon, diced
- 3 pounds beef brisket, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces, or stew meat
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups red wine (Merlot, Pinot Noir, or Chianti)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 12 small fresh or frozen pearl onions, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, divided
CRUSHED RED SKINNED POTATOES
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus more, to taste
- 3 pounds red-skinned potatoes, washed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- White pepper, to taste
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
FOR BEEF BOURGUIGNON:
- Heat butter and bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium heat and cook until bacon is brown and beginning to crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Pat beef dry and season generously with salt and pepper. Sear in Dutch oven with butter and bacon fat, 1-2 minutes per side, until browned. Remove from pan with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots, and mushrooms and sauté 6 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften. Stir in rosemary and thyme.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes, until paste begins to caramelize, but does not burn.
- Return beef and bacon to pan. Add flour and stir constantly for 5 minutes. Add wine, beef broth, and vinegar and stir to deglaze pot. Add pearl onions and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours until meat is tender and sauce is thickened. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of parsley and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
FOR RED SKINNED CRUSHED POTATOES:
- Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the potatoes and boil for 10-15 minutes, until soft. Drain potatoes.
- Return potatoes to pot and mash with a hand masher or electric mixer until just broken. Add butter, sour cream, vinegar, and mash until potatoes are mashed, but still lumpy.
- Season with additional salt and white pepper, to taste.
Divide potatoes among 6 bowls. Ladle beef bourguignon on top of potatoes and garnish with remaining chopped parsley.
We are so excited to have this recipe brought to us at home. What an outstanding holiday treat.
Source: Disney Parks Blog