Walt Disney World Resort’s newest hotel has been met with mixed reviews. Even though Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser only just opened in the Spring of 2022, it seems like Disney has decided to start throwing out discounts to draw in Resort Guests.
With much of the Disney news circulating around the big announcement that The Walt Disney Company has removed CEO Bob Chapek and replaced him with Disney’s former CEO Bob Iger as of November 20, 2022, we can’t help but read into this newest Disney Resort discount as a good sign.
Walt Disney World has announced a 30% discount for Disney Vacation Club Members to experience the Star Wars voyage of a lifetime. Disney Vacation Club (DVC) sent the following message via email:
“AN ENTIRE GALAXY OF POSSIBILITIES: Step into your own epic Star Wars story and enjoy 30% off original Points Chart values on select 2-night Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser adventures! Eligible Disney Vacation Club® Members can book with Points or a combination of Points and cash. Terms Apply*.”
“Be a part of the most immersive Star Wars story ever created. From wielding a lightsaber to engaging in secret missions alongside new and familiar Characters – there’s something for everyone on this unforgettable journey. Check DisneyVacationClub.com for participating voyage dates and other important offer details.”
Is this a good sign that the new CEO, Mr. Iger, is already hard at work?
Disney CEO Bob Iger has his plate full as he has arrived into several missteps taken by the former CEO Bob Chapek. Iger has already sent out a heartfelt message to Cast Members, made it clear he is here to work his magic, and has already diagnosed Disney’s issue is that it was losing its “soul.”
Whether or not offering the first-ever discount on Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser was already in the works prior to Iger’s arrival, we think it was a decision that needed to be made.
Unfortunately, the newest Disney World Resort Hotel has been met with mixed reviews. The cruise-like itinerary and Star Wars storytelling experience is exceptional, but definitely has a target market audience for Star Wars fans and those willing to pay thousands of dollars for the experience.
Hopefully, this 30% discount for Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser will help fill the hotel, but only time will tell if Disney Vacation Club Members are interested and willing to spend the Disney vacation budget or DVC points on such an experience.
Interested in booking a stay as a DVC Member on the Starcruiser? Details about the 30% on select voyages in 2023 include:
“Eligible Disney Vacation Club Members can enjoy 30% off original Points Chart values on select 2-night voyages. This offer can be booked with Points or a combination of Points and cash. Terms Apply*. This offer applies to the following departures in the winter of 2023:”
- January 11 – 13, 2023
- January 17 – 19, 2023
- January 19 – 21, 2023
- January 21 – 23, 2023
- January 25 – 27, 2023
- January 31 – February 2, 2023
- February 12 – 14, 2023
- February 28 – March 2, 2023
- March 2 – 4, 2023
Review important offer details:
- Members must be eligible for Membership Extras to take advantage of this special offer. Limit one cabin per offer.
- Points must be used to pay for at least one Member; a combination of Points or cash may be used to book additional Guests. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts, is not transferable or redeemable for cash, and may be modified or withdrawn without prior notice.
- Activities, entertainment and Characters are subject to change.
- Reservation must be made prior to the last 4 months of your Use Year for stays during that Use Year.
- Reservation is subject to Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Terms and Conditions—which can be found on the Booking Confirmation Email received after booking—and the Disney Vacation Club Cancellation Policy.
- Offer is only available for standard cabins and not valid for suite accommodations.
- Offer dates are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice.
*A nonrefundable $95 transaction fee applies per confirmed Disney Collection reservation. You will receive a call requesting payment within 72 hours of completing your booking. If payment is not received within 72 hours following this call, Disney Vacation Club reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
Check out all the details about this 30% discount and book on Disney’s website here.