As cooler temperatures start to sneak into the days and evenings, there is nothing better than the comfort of yummy fondue. These adorable Mickey and Friends Fondue Sticks from Disney Family bring a little magic to the meal.
6 wooden handle fondue sticks
Acrylic paints, black, white, yellow, red, blue, pink, brown, and green
Scalloped scissors, for Minnie
Paint markers, white and yellow
Craft felt, black, white, yellow, red, blue, pink, brown, and green
Piece of black twine, for Minnie
Removable adhesive glue dots
*Don’t forget to hand-wash the fondue sticks after use.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
- Start by wrapping five of the fondue stick handles with painter’s tape, ¼ of an inch up from the bottom edge of each wood handle. If you have a fondue stick with a red color dot, reserve it for making the Minnie fondue stick — the bump at the top is ideal for making her iconic red hat. Leave one fondue stick free of painter’s tape, to create Pluto.
2. Paint the fondue sticks with acrylic paints according to each character’s colors. Paint the areas to the top and bottom of the painter’s tape, then allow to dry completely.
3. After the paint has dried, peel off the painter’s tape. Reapply more tape, covering the inner edges of the colors you’ve just painted. Paint the middle section for each character. Allow to dry, then remove the tape.
4. If making Minnie, use scalloped scissors to cut a piece of the painter’s tape horizontally. Apply the pointy side of the scallop design just under the section on Minnie that is painted red. Paint above the tape with red paint to create a pretty scalloped edge.
5. Create dots using a white paint marker. You will need to create mini dots for Minnie, and four larger dots as Donald’s buttons. Use a yellow paint marker to create Mickey’s buttons. If you don’t have a paint marker, apply small blobs of yellow paint using a toothpick.
6. Create details like hats, bows, and ears from craft felt. Sketch the shapes on the felt using a black marker. Cut the shapes out, leaving a bit of the black outline on the cut-out. This will help the shape of your cut-outs stand out. If making Minnie, use a piece of black twine to attach her hat to her daisy. Attach all the felt details to the fondue sticks using adhesive glue dots.
7. Enjoy your fondue sticks with a yummy bowl of fondue and plenty of dippers!
Source: Disney Family