The world of technology has exploded in recent years, and nearly everything can be done on the internet. One of the biggest trends taking over is the buying and selling of cryptocurrency and now, NFTs — non-fungible tokens. The concept of non-fungible tokens and cryptocurrency itself can take a lot of study to become an expert in, and Disney is looking for someone who knows their NFT stuff.
If you are unfamiliar with what exactly an NFT is, here is the definition, courtesy of Coinbase:
NFTs (or “non-fungible tokens”) are a special kind of cryptoasset in which each token is unique — as opposed to “fungible” assets like Bitcoin and dollar bills, which are all worth exactly the same amount. Because every NFT is unique, they can be used to authenticate ownership of digital assets like artworks, recordings, and virtual real estate or pets.
Disney is looking to get into the NFT game, and they need someone proficient in the field. Disney recently posted a job to its career’s website, and they are looking for a Manager in Business Development. Here is what the job would entail:
As a Manager of Business Development, you will be an essential player on the Digital Experiences team, responsible for developing and ensuring execution of Disney’s Digital Experiences distribution strategy, identifying and securing incremental revenue opportunities, and overseeing select relationships in the technology sector. You will help lead Disney’s efforts in the NFT space including monitoring the evolving marketplace, setting category strategy, and managing key partners.
- Provide fiscal responsibility for assigned categories and business segments (setting annual operating plan targets, obtaining and reviewing quarterly forecasts)
- Identify growth opportunities by category, franchise, and distribution and implement new deals to fill gaps
- Strategize and develop new business opportunities by analyzing accounts, company performance and determine growth objectives that align with segment initiatives
- Negotiate financial deal points and other material terms on new deals and renewals
- Track/analyze category trends and market data to maximize Disney’s business in each segment
- Provide direction and ongoing support to dedicated licensees and partners
- Develop/contribute to internal and external presentations
- Work with Product Development team to build line plans and ensure that rights are maximized
- Build solid relationships with other Disney teams and departments; share and exchange best practices
- Ensure licensee products reflect Disney quality and brand/property objectives
- Report to the Sr Manager, Business Development
The concept of NFTs can be incredibly confusing, especially if you aren’t familiar with the world of cryptocurrency. If you would like to learn more about non-fungible tokens, you can read all about them by clicking here.
While Disney is looking for a very specific person to fill this position, it should be noted that hundreds, if not thousands, of people, may apply for this job. So, if you are interested in working in the field of NFTs for The Walt Disney Company, it is best that you apply as soon as possible.