Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios Subject To Domestic Violence Investigations
Law enforcement responded to two separate domestic violence incidents at Walt Disney World Resort within days of each other. On Tuesday, WDW Active Crime shared the publicly available details about the recent emergency responses at Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Incident at Magic Kingdom Park on May 15
On May 15, deputies responded to Magic Kingdom Park following reports of a “disturbance” from a couple who had been dating for approximately six years. According to law enforcement documents, the female victim became upset after the male suspect was “looking at other women inside the park.”

When confronted, the suspect reportedly threatened to leave the victim at Magic Kingdom Park, then pushed her in the chest with both hands. In a video provided to police by the victim, the suspect slapped her hands, knocking a pair of sunglasses to the ground.
The suspect told police he “may have” pushed the glasses out of the victim’s hand but denied pushing her in the chest. Based on evidence, he was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery.
Response Near Disney’s Hollywood Studios on May 19
Days later, on May 18, deputies responded to an incident on the Disney Skyliner after a couple with a young child left Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The male suspect fled the scene in an Uber after exiting the Disney Skyliner gondola at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, while Walt Disney World Resort security transported the female victim to a “quiet room.”

The victim, who had a visible bruise near her eye, said the argument started while waiting in line for a ride at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and continued as the family boarded the Disney Skyliner. Once inside a gondola, the victim called a family member in an attempt to de-escalate the situation, which angered the suspect more.
The pregnant victim claimed the suspect grabbed her and repeatedly punched her in the face, legs, and arms. She said the suspect is aware of her pregnancy with his child and that she was approximately 16 weeks along at the time of the incident. Authorities photographed her injuries.

The suspect was later located at a hotel near Disney Springs and arrested on a charge of aggravated battery on a pregnant woman. The victim declined to press charges and would not provide a written statement. However, Florida law allows authorities to arrest suspects in domestic violence incidents with probable cause even without permission from the victim.
As is typical with law enforcement responses at the Central Florida Disney parks, Walt Disney World Resort did not issue a statement about either domestic violence incident.
The National Domestic Violence Hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Trained professionals who speak English and Spanish, and who offer translation services for over 200 other languages, can be reached over the phone at 1-800-799-7233 or by texting “START” to 88788. Help is available.



