Of the four theme parks in Walt Disney World, Epcot is the favorite of many guests thanks to its unique combination of technology and culture. The rear of the park features World Showcase where guests can travel through eleven different countries to learn about culture, architecture, cuisine, and history. The front portion of Epcot features Future World, an area that celebrates the harmony between technology and nature. Guests who spend time in Future World can hang glide over California, travel through time, and even blast off into space. With so many amazing experiences waiting in Future World, it is no wonder why guests love spending time there. Here are seven things guests will love about Future World in Walt Disney World.
7. Ellen’s Energy Adventure – This often overlooked attraction is one of the most entertaining in all of Future World. Featuring Ellen DeGeneres, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Alex Trebek, and Jamie Lee Curtis, the attraction is one massive dream sequence where Ellen finds herself on a Jeopardy episode all about energy. Guests who experience the forty five minute attraction follow Ellen as she travels back to the Big Bang and learns all about different types of energy while cracking jokes along the way. Ellen’s Energy Adventure is full of humor and great moments and it shouldn’t be missed while enjoying Epcot’s Future World!
6. The Seas with Nemo and Friends – This Future World pavilion allows guests the opportunity to dive into the oceans and learn all about life there alongside characters from the Pixar film Finding Nemo. An attraction with the same name as the pavilion takes guests on a journey through the story of Finding Nemo with a wonderful finale where the film’s characters are shown swimming with live sea creatures in a massive aquarium. After disembarking the attraction, guests can explore the other areas of the pavilion which include exhibits with dolphins, manatees, sharks, turtles, and lots of fish. The Seas with Nemo and Friends is also home to Turtle Talk with Crush where guests can interact in real time with Crush the turtle.
5. Journey Into Imagination with Figment – This whimsical attraction brings guests into the fictional Imagination Institute where Dr. Nigel Channing is waiting to begin a tour of various laboratories focused on each of the five senses. Soon enough Figment, a loveable purple dragon, appears and the tour becomes a little livelier. Figment shows guests the importance of setting imagination free in order to create and have fun! With many colorful and imaginative details, guests will love experiencing Journey Into Imagination with Figment while in Future World.
4. The Land – Located next door to The Seas with Nemo and Friends, The Land Pavilion celebrates planet Earth and all of the beauty it holds. Guests can dine at Sunshine Seasons, a quick service dining location which offers up fresh and healthy fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Those looking for a full service meal can enjoy dinner at The Garden Grill where foods grown inside The Land’s greenhouses are served. The Land is also home to Living with the Land, a serene boat attraction which takes guests on a tour of several different environmental settings and through massive greenhouses where foods are grown responsibly via new techniques. On the lower level of the pavilion is the popular attraction Soarin’ which takes guests on a hang gliding adventure over the beautiful sights of California complete with a flight over Disneyland.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
One of the most thrilling attractions in Future World is Mission:SPACE which takes guests into the International Space Training Center where an exciting mission to Mars is being planned. Guests can choose between the Green Team which is a calmer version of the attraction and the Orange Team which is full intensity. Guests find themselves strapped into a capsule and suddenly rocketing off into space on a mission that is full of adventure, thrills, and surprises.
2. Test Track Presented by Chevrolet
Located next door to Mission:SPACE, Test Track Presented by Chevrolet brings guests into the design world of vehicles and gives them the opportunity to design their own SIM car. Guests then can take a thrilling adventure on the track as their design is tested in Responsiveness, Capability, Power, and Efficiency. The attraction concludes with a joy ride around a massive outdoor loop where guests can throw their hands up and enjoying the scenery of Future World as it whips past.
1. Spaceship Earth
This attraction is the symbol of Epcot and is the first thing that guests see from the moment that they approach the park’s main entrance. Spaceship Earth is housed in a massive geodesic dome which is covered in angular silver triangles, emulating the futuristic theme of Future World. The attraction takes guests on a tour of the history of communication from the beginning of time to present day. Along the way, the Time Machine attraction vehicles pass through scenes depicting ancient Egypt, the Renaissance, and man landing on the moon. With an interactive conclusion where guests can take a glimpse into their future by answering several questions, it is easy to see why Spaceship Earth is one of the best things in Future World.