Guests who are visiting Walt Disney World love spending time in Epcot exploring the unique World Showcase. Featuring eleven different countries, the area is rich in culture, history, architecture, shopping options, and food! Each country is home to at least one full service restaurant and many also feature counter service locations. The Mexico Pavilion is home to a counter service location located outside along the shores of World Showcase Lagoon. La Cantina de San Angel offers guests the opportunity to enjoy Mexican cuisine while soaking in the ambiance of the pavilion and surrounding World Showcase. Here are five things that guests will love about La Cantina de San Angel.
5. The Breeze — La Cantina de San Angel is located in the outdoor section of the Mexico Pavilion and is situated up against World Showcase Lagoon. Guests who stop to enjoy a meal, snack, or beverage can find a table, kick back, and relax. While the restaurant is open air, there is a roof overhead to provide shade and protection from the rain on bad weather days. Guests who sit down at one of the tables in La Cantina de San Angel can enjoy a gentle breeze blowing off of World Showcase Lagoon and truly feel as though they are in a Mexican coastal paradise.
4. View of Epcot Forever – Since La Cantina de San Angel faces World Showcase Lagoon and is open air, guests who dine there at night can be treated to an amazing view of Epcot Forever. Each night World Showcase Lagoon comes to life with the performance that combines pyrotechnics, fireworks, laser lights, dancing water, and beautiful music. Guests who enjoy a meal at La Cantina de San Angel are treated to an amazing view spot, and definitely will want to sit at a table right up against the railing leading to World Showcase Lagoon. Those who want to score a coveted railing table should opt to arrive up to an hour before Epcot Forever starts.
3. The Food – Obviously guests who dine at La Cantina de San Angel are there for the food! Open for lunch and dinner each day, the counter service location serves up traditional Mexican dishes in an informal, relaxed setting. Guests can choose from entrée options including Empanadas con Queso, Pollo Cascabel, and Ensalada Mexicana. Those looking to enjoy tacos can choose from three different options: Tacos de Pollo, Tacos de Barbacoa, and Tacos de Pescado. Guests who are looking for more of a snack as opposed to a meal can nosh on Guacamole with Totopos, Nachos, and sides including Refried Beans and Sour Cream. Since some families traveling with children can have picky eaters, the kids’ menu options include both Mexican options like Empanadas con Queso as well as American classics like Chicken Tenders.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. Dessert – Guests who save room after their entrees at La Cantina de San Angel can enjoy two different dessert options which no one will want to share! Hot churros come served up smothered in cinnamon sugar and complimented by warm caramel sauce. A guest favorite dessert at La Cantina de San Angel are Paletas which are essentially popsicles that come in delicious fruit flavors. Guests who are looking for a refreshing dessert to cool down with can enjoy Paletas and choose from flavors including coconut, lime, watermelon, and mango.
1. The Drinks – No meal at La Cantina de San Angel or in the Mexico Pavilion would be complete without a beverage or cocktail! La Cantina de San Angel serves up some delicious options which are sure to keep guests happy as they enjoy the restaurant’s ambiance and view. Non-alcoholic options include coffee, soda, and hot chocolate as well as a traditional Mexican specialty. Jarritos are a type of Mexican soda which come in a variety of fruit flavors including apple, fruit punch, pineapple, and mango. Guests who are looking for a cocktail can order up margaritas in a variety of flavors including cranberry on the rocks, frozen lime, lime on the rocks, and frozen mango. In addition to margaritas, guests can sip on a pomegranate mojito or Modelo beer. No matter what drink a guest chooses to indulge in, they are sure to love kicking back with a refreshing beverage or cocktail while enjoying time in La Cantina de San Angel.