By Molly Elias
A Disney vacation is my favorite vacation. When I’m stuck in the daily grind of life, I often find myself thinking how much better things would be if I were in Disney. There are so many reasons that Disney makes life just a little bit sweeter. Here are ten of my favorites:
10. There is no work in Disney World: That moment when you push away from your desk for the last time before vacation is one of the most satisfying. Minus the last minute business email or math packets on the plane – yes, I remember those days well – Disney is work-free. No one wants to be distracted and bogged down with work when trying to celebrate, so forget the office or the classroom and have fun!
9. Disney is warm: For those of you who suffer through New England winters, you understand why this one makes vacation insanely better. I know that sometimes Florida can be overwhelmingly warm, but I’ll take scorching heat over snow any day. Being in Disney in long pants and jackets just seems wrong to me. Shedding those winter layers once you step off the plane is an amazing feeling!
8. There is learning without school: Even though everything in Disney is fun, there is so much to learn along the way! It’s impossible to have a new experience and not grow from it. I think this was one of Walt’s wishes for his Parks. Disney has so many opportunities to stretch your imagination and open your mind to new possibilities. This is one reason that my family goes back year after year: when the day is done, we leave the park knowing a bit more and being a bit better for it.
7. Food is constant: Let’s be honest, one of the best parts of a Disney vacation is the food. When I’m on vacation, there is no such thing as “watching my weight.” And when I’m in Disney, my meals are not limited to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There’s also Mickey Bar time, walk-in-the-park popcorn break, and pausing for churros. No one goes hungry in Disney. It’s a beautiful thing and it always makes my vacation better.
6. Everyone is allowed to be a child: Disney is like Neverland: the second you step through the gates, it does not matter what age you are. You may be 85 years old but if you want to go on Dumbo, be our guest! Everyone is allowed to have fun and experience all that Disney has to offer. For me, seeing a character around the Park makes me feel little all over again and that is something that definitely makes things better in my world.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
5. Disney brings people together: For me, vacation means family time. Disney loves this. All of the parks cater to people celebrating being together, whatever the occasion. It’s actually pretty difficult to be alone in Disney World. Walt wanted Disney to be a place that people could come together and share a great experience with people they love. The Parks have certainly lived up to this idea and have certainly made everything better because of it.
4. Disney encourages imagination: It’s impossible to go to Disney World and not use your imagination. In order for anything to be believable in Disney, you have to suspend your disbelief. This is something that can sometimes be difficult for “adults,” but will honestly make your trip better. It’s incredibly freeing to just believe, so exercise your imagination a bit and find out what you can see!
3. Magic is real: This goes hand in hand with encouraging imagination, but goes a bit further. Disney never wants to disappoint and rarely does, so they make sure to do things that will even impress the Grumpy’s in the crowd. Disney junkies like to know all the secrets, but some things I’m glad to stay ignorant about. I want to believe in magic, so when I’m in the Parks, magic is real to me. Disney always goes to infinity and beyond to make sure that your trip is as magical as it can be.
2. Dreaming is a necessity: From the second you step onto Disney property, you are introduced to the importance of dreaming. This was probably one of the most important ideals to Walt and he made it his mission to spread this message to as many people as possible. When you’re in Disney, no dream is too big or crazy or impossible. There aren’t many places in this world that are like that.
1. Disney is everyone’s laughing place: Okay, so maybe you have other favorite vacation spots. But if nothing else, Disney is a completely unique place. I’ve never been to anywhere else in the world that fosters happiness as much as Disney does. Disney is so much more than a vacation, it’s an experience and I think that’s why people continue to go back. The memories that I’ve made in Disney are ones that I will cherish forever. I don’t always appreciate my English class, but I ALWAYS cherish a day in Magic Kingdom. Everybody’s got a laughing place and mine is Disney!