The rides, attractions, and restaurants at Walt Disney World are maintained on a regular basis. This keeps guests safe. Sometimes, though, extra work is needed. A ride, attraction, store, or restaurant might close for refurbishment. It could be that the closure is just for a few days so that the elements of the area can be deep-cleaned, and maybe a fresh coat of paint added. Other times the refurbishment will last longer. It might even be that the place in question receives a complete makeover. Parts of resorts will close for refurbishment as well. It is never a bad idea to check to see if there are any refurbishments scheduled during your vacation. You don’t want to be disappointed once you arrive and learn that a favorite is closed. Below is a list of current and future refurbishments, closings, and openings at Walt Disney World. Please be advised that the dates and other information could change at any time. This list is up to date starting in July, 2019, to the best of our knowledge.
Theme Parks –
- Walt Disney World Railroad; all stations: currently closed for Tron Lightcycle construction. Reopening date has yet to be announced. Until then, guests can see the train up close in the Main Street, U.S.A. Station.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Surprise Celebration: running through September 30.
- Stitch’s Great Escape!: closed, permanent closure has not been announced.
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth: last show will be held on September 30. It will be replaced temporarily by Epcot Forever on October 1, 2019. A permanent show will debut in 2020.
- Liberty Inn: Closes on July 8, will reopen later this year as Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid: closed July 15, 16, 17, 30, 31, and August 1.
- Keystone Clothiers: closed through August 3, 2019.
- Legends of Hollywood: closed through August 3, 2019.
- Mickey’s of Hollywood: closed through August 3, 2019.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is scheduled to open August 29, 2019. Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run will be the only ride operational when Galaxy’s Edge first opens. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance should open later this year.
- The Incredibles at Pixar Place: running through September 30.
- Mike and Sully at Walt Disney Presents: running through September 30.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway: opening has been moved back to 2020.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch: reopening on July 11 after a lengthy refurbishment. This includes Wildlife Express Train, Affection Section, Conservation Station, and Habitat Habit!. Rafiki’s Planet Watch will include a new FastPass+ option called The Animation Experience at Conservation Station.
- Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party: running through September 30.
Water Parks –
- No current closures.
Disney Springs –
- NBA Experience is set to open on August 12, 2019.
- La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil: closed permanently December 31, 2017. Will be replaced by a new Cirque du Soleil show featuring Disney themes, no opening date has been announced.
Resorts (in alphabetical order) –
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort: The Big Blue Pool will undergo refurbishment, starting in fall, 2020.
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort: Beaches & Cream Soda Shop will be closed for refurbishment from late August until December, 2019.
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort: Resort is currently under refurbishment. Construction takes place 9:00am-5:00pm to minimize guest disruptions. Gran Destino Tower is set to open July, 2019.
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: Mizner’s Lounge is closed for refurbishment, no date for reopening has been announced.
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort: The Hippy Dippy Pool will undergo refurbishment, starting in fall, 2020.
- Disney’s Riviera Resort: Reservations are being accepted for December 16, 2019 and beyond.