The rides, attractions, and restaurants at Walt Disney World are maintained on a regular basis. This keeps guests safe. Sometimes, though, extra work is needed. A ride, attraction, store, or restaurant might close for refurbishment. It could be that the closure is just for a few days so that the elements of the area can be deep-cleaned, and maybe a fresh coat of paint added. Other times the refurbishment will last longer. It might even be that the place in question receives a complete makeover. Parts of resorts will close for refurbishment as well. It is never a bad idea to check to see if there are any refurbishments scheduled during your vacation. You don’t want to be disappointed once you arrive and learn that a favorite is closed.
Below is a list of current and future refurbishments and closings at Walt Disney World. Please be advised that the dates and other information could change at any time. This list is up to date starting in July, 2018, to the best of our knowledge.
- Be Our Guest Restaurant: closed August 20-24, 2018.
- Liberty Square Riverboat: currently closed, reopening TBA.
- Stitch’s Great Escape!: currently closed, permanent closure has not been announced.
- Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe: currently closed, reopening TBA. A temporary kiosk called Midnatssol Bakeri is setup outside the bakery and features many of its most popular items.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- Toy Story Land opened on June 30, 2018.
- Disney Junior – Live on Stage!: is closing, the last shows will be held on September 1, 2017. It will be replaced by Disney Junior Dance Party! fall, 2018.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is scheduled to open in 2019.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is scheduled to open late fall, 2019.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- No known current or upcoming closures for this time period.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park: will be closed October 28, 2018-January 5, 2019 for annual refurbishment.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: no known current or upcoming closures for this time period.
La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil: closed permanently December 31, 2017. Will be replaced by a new Cirque du Soleil show featuring Disney themes, no opening date has been announced.
Resorts (in alphabetical order):
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge: Starting fall, 2018, Uzima Springs Pool and Uzima Springs Pool Bar will both close. During the refurbishment shuttle service will be available to Kidani Village to use Samawati Springs Pool and Maji Pool Bar.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort: Resort is currently under refurbishment. Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar, and Calypso Trading Post are closed during this time. Other dining options, including food carts, are available instead. Goombay Games Arcade is also closed.
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort: Resort is currently under refurbishment. Construction takes place 9:00am-5:00pm to minimize guest disruptions. The Dig Site is scheduled to close fall, 2018.