The rides, attractions, and restaurants at Walt Disney World are maintained on a regular basis. This keeps guests safe. Sometimes, though, extra work is needed. A ride, attraction, store, or restaurant might close for refurbishment. It could be that the closure is just for a few days so that the elements of the area can be deep-cleaned, and maybe a fresh coat of paint added. Other times the refurbishment will last longer. It might even be that the place in question receives a complete makeover. Parts of resorts will close for refurbishment as well. It is never a bad idea to check to see if there are any refurbishments scheduled during your vacation. You don’t want to be disappointed once you arrive and learn that a favorite is closed.
Below is a list of current and future refurbishments, closings, and openings at Walt Disney World. Please be advised that the dates and other information could change at any time. This list is up to date starting in January, 2020, to the best of our knowledge.
- Walt Disney World Railroad; all stations: currently closed for Tron Lightcycle construction. Reopening date is yet to be announced. Until then, guests can see the train up close in the Main Street, U.S.A. Station.
- Stitch’s Great Escape!: closed, permanent closure has not been announced.
- Splash Mountain: closed for refurbishment January 6 through February 28, 2020.
- Test Track: closed for refurbishment January 13 through February 26, 2020.
- Impressions de France: closed, reopening January 17, 2020. Will rotate with new show, Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along.
- O Canada!: closed, will reopen as Canada Far and Wide in circle-Vision 360 on January 17, 2020.
- Awesome Planet will debut in The Land Pavilion on January 17, 2020.
- Epcot is under a massive transformation, so several temporary food or merchandise locations are located at the front of the park.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is scheduled to open on March 4, 2020.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- Kali River Rapids: closed for refurbishment January 6 through March 21, 2020.
- Primeval Whirl now operates seasonally.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park: closed for its annual refurbishment, will reopen January 13, 2020.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: will be closed January 13 through March 28, 2020, for its annual refurbishment.
- The new Cirque du Soleil show, Drawn to Life, will open on April 17, 2020. Previews will begin on March 20. Tickets are currently available.
Resorts (in alphabetical order):
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort: The Calypso Pool will undergo refurbishment, starting in mid-September, 2020, through mid-December, 2020.
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort: The Big Blue Pool will undergo refurbishment, starting in Fall, 2020.
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort: The Hippy Dippy Pool will undergo refurbishment, starting in Winter, 2020.