Although The Yacht Club and the Beach Club resorts are independent from each other as far as the theming, rooms, etc., they are still connected and share some of the facilities. Each resort has their own check-in desks and services. Both of them are Deluxe-level resorts at Walt Disney World. You may first visit this resort as part of a conference as there is an extremely popular conference center on property. Make sure you get out and really explore these beautiful resorts. You may even want to take a few moments away from your day at Epcot to explore these resorts if you are thinking of staying here on a future WDW vacation.
7. Shopping and More- Periwig’s Beauty and Barber Shop will bring you all you need to keep your hair, skin and of course nails, in tip top shape. If you feel like wearing something new, just visit the Marketplace at Beach Club or Fittings and Fairings at Yacht Club. Not only do they carry resort apparel, Disney merchandise, but also some grocery items (particularly of interest to Villa guests who have complete kitchens), quick-service food, beverages, etc. are found in these two shops. Between the beach and pool you will find a Hair Wrap station and a Pearl in the Oyster stand. Both are just that more enjoyable on the sunny beach setting. It is easy to relax into all the pampering these two resorts offer!
6. Charm- the Beach Club feels like a seaside resort and brings an atmosphere you would expect at an elegant yet lazy ambience of a beachside vacation house. It is very comfortable and unpretentious. Sea shell motifs are everywhere. Just look at the light fixtures to see how serious they are about the beach-y theme. The Yacht Club is more highbrow with its furnishings and evokes the nautical atmosphere of Martha’s Vineyard. Much of the flooring is wood, as you would expect in a boat-themed resort. The carpets and window coverings are very luxurious. The outside of the Yacht Club is an eastern seaboard gray clapboard siding representing the look from generations ago. Beach Club is a beautiful blue and white that you may picture on a beachside home. There are some interesting areas that add to the charm of these unique properties like the Solarium, located in Beach Club, near the lobby. It has beautiful windows that let the sun shine in and find comfort in small tables with padded chairs, or the larger living room style area at the end of the space with a flat screen television and sofas.
There is a Drawing Room space, near the entrance to the Villas and The Breezeway at Yacht Club near their quiet pool. Find yourself a quiet seat in any of these rooms to read a book or have a quiet conversation with someone, or maybe a family party. There are just so many places to extend your vacation experience in these resorts. Throughout the resorts you will find exquisitely designed fresh floral displays. Beach Club has a location where you can view a portrait artists draw children or pets with a Disney theme and you can request a custom piece yourself. Just down the hall from there is a small display “Artist of the Day” where children can pick up coloring sheets and crayons and make their own masterpieces and have them displayed for the day. There are charming wedding venues at the Yacht Club that stay very busy.
5. Crescent Lake views- both resorts are adjacent to Crescent Lake and have sandy beach areas or wooden boardwalks to stroll along. At the Beach Club beach area you can take part in a nightly Disney movie on the beach event. You may find some of the rare rooms that offer a very quiet scenery of trees and natural areas. Choose what you would like to see and request that at the time of your reservation. Keep in mind that Stormalong Bay is busy even late at night and can be quite noisy. If you would like a walk-out full size patio, request a first floor room. If you want a full-size, walk out balcony, request that as some are not full size. The top floor has charming eaves and roof lines. Water views are beautiful, but there are some rooms that unbelievably look over roofs or even the trash compactors for the conference center.
Luxury- The standard rooms are housed in the main buildings and there are Villas adjacent to the Beach Club. The rooms are a large 380 square feet and have either a king-size bed or two queen-size beds with a day bed, ottoman, small refrigerator, table and chairs, television, armoire, double sinks, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, make-up mirror, in-room safe, upgraded toiletries, ceiling fans, turn-down service, laundry service and most have a patio or balcony. The rooms located on the fifth floor have slightly larger square footage and has concierge services. Each resort has 20 suites-you can reserve a junior suite, 2-bedroom suites, or the famed Presidential Suite. If you choose a vacation Villa you can choose a full kitchen, sofa beds, and whirlpool tubs in the master bedrooms, washers/dryers, and DVD players.
4. Sports & Athletic Opportunities-Ship Shape Health Club is a first-rate salon/gym providing a spa complete with sauna and massage therapy menus, that connects with a large fitness center with numerous machines to strengthen and do your usual workout on. On the grounds you will also find a full sand volleyball court adjacent to one of the largest shade trees on Walt Disney World resort grounds. There are two lighted tennis courts for you to play on, or to secure private lessons on if you like. The Marina, centered on the lake offers not only a variety of watercraft but also bicycles to rent. There are signs pointing out jogging trails around the property for the runners who want to stay in shape. There is a playground and a children’s play center that is open for children age 4-12. Children and youth will also appreciate one of the largest arcades at a Disney resort the Lafferty Place Arcade, located near the swimming area. Other amenities include croquet, fishing excursions, walking trail, and several children’s activities.
3. Their Convenience to Epcot’s International Gateway, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios is invaluable, especially in busy times. Just make your way to the Lighthouse dock on Crescent Lake to find boats that will take you to both Parks, if you do not want to make the short walks. Buses are available for transportation to Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, water parks, Downtown Disney. You can also reach Disney’s Boardwalk Resort and the Swan & Dolphin resorts. You may want to enter Epcot and walk to the Park entrance where you can board a convenient Monorail to Magic Kingdom.
2. Great Dining exists as you can visit any restaurant within both resorts so there are more options than normally are provided in any other single resort. Table service restaurants abound for those willing to pay for something really special. Beaches & Cream is a fun soda fountain restaurant that has delicious burgers and sandwiches, a large array of beverages, and the BEST ice cream Sundaes at Walt Disney World. You can even order the famous “Kitchen Sink” sundae that is served in a kitchen sink dish full of different ice creams, toppings, cookies, brownies, etc. This is a small dining area with a few booths and a handful of tables. There is a free old fashion juke box that you can select tunes on. You can make reservations to eat at Beaches & Cream, or get in the line to the right of it for carryout which you can enjoy poolside.
Cape May Café is the home of a Disney character meal and in the evening a New England Clambake. I can tell you from staying at Beach Club and walking down the stairs into the lobby each day I would smell such wonderful aromas from Cape May Café that I would have been happy dining there every day! This is the only character meal, which includes Donald Duck, Goofy, and Minnie Mouse, that is not in the Parks or the resorts that the monorail will take you to. Breakfast is a buffet and yes they have Mickey waffles. During dinner you may enjoy having a top sirloin cut to your specifications that tastes amazing. There are colorful beach umbrellas lining the outside edges and floor to ceiling windows looking out upon Stormalong Bay.
Captain’s Grille is surprising to most guests as it sometimes a “second choice” for guests who could not secure a Yachtsman Steakhouse reservation. But do not overlook this restaurant that will serve you very generous portions and inspired dishes. The seating is comfortable and offers a breakfast buffet in the morning. Yachtsman Steakhouse is known as the BEST steak at Walt Disney World. It is not just the food that exceeds guests’ expectations, but also the atmosphere and the service. This is a Signature restaurant at WDW and is highly sought-after. Do not eat too much to enjoy their standout desserts at the end of your meal.
Hurricane Hanna’s for a pool or beach-side sandwich and beverage, Beach Club Marketplace has quick-service counters as well as grocery items, and don’t forget Ale & Compass, Crew’s Cup, and Martha’s Vineyard (with an extensive wine list) are additional lounges in very comfortable settings. You will have room service available to you 24-hours a day. The resorts are within walking distance of Disney’s Boardwalk Resort and the Swan & Dolphin resorts, and of course Epcot is right next door and Hollywood Studios nearby, so you just hit the mother lode of dining options staying here. You can get great food literally in all price ranges.
1. Best swimming pool at a Disney resort, no kidding. This Stormalong Bay swimming area covers 3 acres of the resorts 30-acres and is unlike any of the other resort pools. What makes it so special, other than its enormous size? The bottom is sand, there are three pools that are connected with “rivers” including water jets and even a mild whirlpool; it has 2 hot tubs, and a 300-foot long water slide that begins with guests climbing a “shipwreck” on the beach to get to the top of the slide. They take drops and turns on the water slide that crosses over the sidewalk, trees, rocks, and eventually dumps them into the main pool after splashing under two waterfalls. There are two kiddie pool sections, one of which by the shipwreck that has a kid-sized version of a water slide. There are additional quiet pools and hot tubs for those who want a more subdued, quiet, experience. There are changing rooms nearby along with restrooms in the immediate area. You must have your Magic Band or resort key card to gain admittance to this pool as it is only for the guests of Yacht & Beach Club, and the Villas.