Do you believe something is more fun to eat, if it is shaped like Mickey? Well, we have scoured the Walt Disney World Resort to find all the Mickey-shaped food we could find. You know what? They ARE delicious and fun to eat!
15. Mickey Sprinkles- you can purchase these in the candy shops and cooking shops on Walt Disney World property and take them home to make your own Mickey creations! They even come in a variety of color combinations. Use them on ice cream, cookies, cakes, chocolate or caramel dipped apples, etc.
14. Small Mickey Head Lollipops in a multi pack of 5 different colors can be enjoyed in a shorter period of time, like waiting in a queue, over the other larger lollipops sold here.
13. Mickey Cucumber Salad at Garden Grill Restaurant, Future World, in Epcot- this salad is made with Mickey head shaped cucumbers grown right here at The Land pavilion. These are grown hydroponically and can be seen growing in the Listen to the Land attraction. If you want to know more about these vegetables and how they are grown you can take the Behind the Seeds Tour offered several times a day here, additional cost of course.
12. Mickey shaped Pasta-in gift shops at the entrance to World Showcase and sometimes in Italy. You can take these Mickey’s home with you or to a Disney Villa to make a Disney meal with. They are tasty and cute!
11. Mickey Shaped Cake at Boardwalk Bakery-tasty fresh cake covered with chocolate icing and Mickey’s face can be special ordered or picked up in a limited supply at the Boardwalk Bakery.
10. Coconut Patties dipped in chocolate from Resort Delights can be found in resort gift shops, Goofy Candy Company. These are creamy, sweet coconut candies, shaped like Mickey’s head and then dipped into a chocolate coating. The chocolate will melt if left in the Florida summer heat, so be ready to eat these or get them to a refrigerator if you are visiting during the hotter months.
9. Mickey Mouse Kid’s Cone- Grab one of these at Plaza Ice Cream and find a spot to watch the parade from on Main Street U.S.A. in Magic Kingdom. These are the right size for kids at one scoop with chocolate Mickey ears on the dip. You can request it be in a cup rather than a cone if you like. You can also request they put chocolate Mickey ears on your other ice cream concoctions, if you like. That way we older kids can have a Mickey Cone or Sundae!
8. Mickey Head Shaped Cheese Crackers and Small Mickey Head Shaped Pretzels are available in pre-packaged containers available inside the WDW parks. The cheese crackers are in a small container and are easy for little hands to hold and eat making them a good snack in between attractions. They are available in almost every gift shop.
7. Mickey Premium Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Sandwiches-Mickey shaped chocolate cookies sandwich refreshing Cookies and Cream Ice Cream does not melt as quickly as the Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar and it is easy to hold in your hand. The flavors blend well together for a nice cool-down snack. The premium ingredients and Mickey shape make it so much more than an ice cream sandwich!
6. Mickey Cake Pops and Cup Cakes come in all different colors and coatings. You can get them dipped in chocolate then covered in different shades of sugar coating, or drizzled with more chocolate, or covered with Mickey head sprinkles and are fun to hold with the stick and enjoy eating them while walking through the park or waiting on the parade. The Mickey Cupcakes are as varied as you can imagine. They celebrate whatever is going on in the parks and during the holidays there is a wide variety of decorations and colors. They often have special fillings and the cake and frosting flavors as well as sprinkles used make them visually creative as well as tasty!
5. Mickey Pretzels-These Mickey shaped twists of dough are sprinkled with salt and even better with the cheesy sauce for dipping in. The pretzels are an affordable and filling snack and the best thing is that they are available at all of the parks.
4. Mickey Chocolate Covered Apples-The apples, oh the apples! These are covered in layers of chocolate and the ears are made with marshmallows. You can have it cut into sections prior to being packaged so you can eat it and share it easier. Disney starts with large, juicy Granny Smith apples, dipped in caramel and then add layers of chocolate, sometimes dipped in M&M’s, sugars, chocolate chips, peanuts, candy pieces, milk/white chocolate, and amazingly decorated to highlight the season. You can find these delicious apples in the parks every day. Make sure you look at the specialty apples decorated for holidays like Halloween, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Fourth of July and Christmas.
3. Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Cookies and Sugar Cookies-this is my favorite treat to grab on my way out of the park, to take with me and enjoy later. Sometimes they don’t make it to the parking lot at Transportation and Ticket Center, but sometimes I reach my destination and share it with family and friends. We all love the soft, chewy, gingery-goodness that is only enhanced by the light coating of chocolate. I am so glad these are available year round. These are not those hard, heavily iced cookies individually wrapped. No, these are sold in the glass cases, such as at the Main Street Confectionary in Magic Kingdom. The Mickey Sugar Cookies are so cute with different colors of icings and taste sweet with a crisp outer layer and soft chewy insides.
2. Mickey Waffles- Mickey Waffles are sooo good! There are small versions, available at some of the Disney resort breakfast buffets, and larger versions available at regular restaurants at Disney hotels. You can purchase a Mickey Waffle Maker to take home with you, or check Amazon.com for one and make them at home. (There are Mickey Waffle refrigerator magnets in the gift shops!)
1. Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars- These ice cream bars are available at all the Disney parks and elsewhere throughout the WDW resort. They are great when the weather is uncomfortably hot and you have to eat it really fast before it melts, or on cold days when you have the time to savor the crisp chocolate coating over delicious creamy vanilla ice cream. You don’t want to miss trying these, at least once. (There is a scented car air freshener that looks, and smells, like one of these! Look for them in the gift shops.)
There are more Mickey head shaped foods, but these are the ones offered most of the time. What are your favorite ones, and did you discover any that you are going to look for on your next Walt Disney World vacation?