9. Spiced Nuts carts, Cinnamon-Glazed Almonds; Cinnamon-glazed Pecans; cart in Future World, Epcot; Adventureland, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Disney Springs. You will smell these nuts before you notice these very laid back carts, usually just painted brown, but the aroma of warm cinnamon glazed nuts will pull you over. These are delicious!
8. Cookes of Dublin, Disney Springs, “Doh-Bars” Fried Snickers Candy Bars, which the sign says “may contain nuts.” Imagine taking a Snickers Bar, putting a wooden stick in one end, dipping it in a doughnut batter, frying it, and then dusting it with powdered sugar. Yummy! If you are looking for something different, this could be the dessert for you!
7. Prairie Outpost, Frontierland, Magic Kingdom, – although the treats are not made here, this little counter has a lot to offer in the treats category. After you whet your whistle, chase away those dry tumbleweeds in your mouth with something tasty from this shop. You will find cookie pops, fudge, crispy rice treats, Marshmallow Wands, Mammoth Pecan or Cashew Patties, chocolate dipped S’mores, English toffee, caramel apples, caramel and peanut apples, M&M cup, and Mickey Peanut Butter Cups.
6. Beverly Sunset Sweet Shop, Hollywood Studios-At this location you may be able to watch them making some candy apples. Available for purchase: Crispy Rice treats, chocolate dipped strawberries, chocolate dipped pineapple skewer, chocolate dipped fruit kabob, Topped Marshmallow Wands, Topped Pretzel Rods, an assortment of jumbo cookies, including the much-sought-after Carrot Cake Cookie, variety of Fudge, Brownie Mickey Hats, Chocolate covered S’mores, English Toffee, and Mammoth Pecan or Cashew patties.
5. Candy Cauldron, Disney Springs-freshly made candy apples on the premises, several fudge choices, and cotton candy. This is close to Splitsville and AMC Theaters.
4. Big Top Treats, Big Top Souvenirs in New Fantasyland, Magic Kingdom-they make caramel corn, crispy rice treats, candy apples, Cake Pops, crispy rice treats, candy-coated brownies, chocolate covered fruit, right in front of you. They also sell fudge. Don’t forget to pick up a Chocolate covered Minnie Apple Air Freshener in the gift shop here to put in your car back home.
3. Main Street Confectionary, Main Street U.S.A., Magic Kingdom-Fresh fudge, caramel apples, cotton candy, crispy rice treats, chocolate and marshmallow on Mickey brownie, chocolate dipped fruit, gift packages of some of these treats. I love making candy at Christmas time, usually caramels and fudge. I know having the freshest ingredients make it taste better, have a better texture, and it looks better. Disney may no longer make their fudge in house but these are good fudges. The flavors vary a bit by the season but you can usually find chocolate, chocolate-peanut butter (tied for first in my favorites), peanut butter, chocolate nut, cookies and cream, maple nut (tied for first), rocky road, Turtle Fudge (Turtle Fudge looked good with caramel ribbons on top and nuts inside, but the fudge did not have much of a chocolate flavor at all. I was very disappointed in the flavor, but the texture was nice). In the fall expect to see something like Pumpkin Fudge, and at the Holidays some Peppermint Fudge. The fudge is dense, chewy, and full of flavor. English Toffee-caramelized butter and sugar cooked to hard tack stage then covered in milk chocolate with nuts sprinkled on top. Caramel Pecan Roll is a center of creamy caramel goodness dipped in milk chocolate then rolled in chopped pecans. (Very. Good.) Holiday Specialty Cupcakes, Large Mickey Cookies-Sugar or Chocolate Chip, Shortbread, gingerbread, or sugar cookies, assorted cookies, Cake Pops, Crispy Treat pop, topped Crispy Treat, Chocolate dipped fruit kabob consists of grapes, pineapple chunk, and fresh strawberry, chocolate dipped pineapple spear, Caramel Peanut Apple, Caramel Apple, You may have noticed a Confectionary Cast Member standing in a bow window making cotton candy, visible to all of Town Square. The cotton candy is indeed light and airy. I never have had a bag from this Confectionary that was not made perfectly and fresh. Some other places sell cotton candy that immediately turns to hard rock in your mouth because it is not fade fresh/made with right ingredients.
2. Karamell-Kuche, Germany, Epcot-they make fresh caramel corn, fresh gourmet caramel candies, caramel covered apples, Cookies, and caramel covered strawberries, Caramel and Chocolate Pineapple, giant cookies with caramel drizzle toppings, Chocolate or Yellow Caramel Cupcakes, Caramel Chocolate Marshmallow stick, Caramel Pecan Bar, Werther’s Chewy Caramel Bar, Caramel Apple Tart, Caramel Cheesecake with Chocolate, Chocolate and Caramel covered pretzel rods, Caramel, Nut and Chocolate Pretzel Rods, chocolate caramel, chocolate covered caramel, Caramel Roll with Marshmallow Cream, Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies, Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookie, Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Caramel Cookies, Peanut Butter Caramel Crunch Cookie, Chocolate Caramel Fudge Brownie, Caramel Chocolate Fudge, Caramel Vanilla Fudge, German Chocolate Caramel, Caramel with Pecan Pieces, Caramel Crisped Rice Treat, Caramel and Milk Chocolate, Milk or Dark Chocolate Caramels with Sea Salt, Caramel Cluster Milk Chocolate Pecan or Dark Chocolate, Caramel Cluster Macadamia Nut, Werther’s Original candy and Riesen also in variety of packages including collectible tins. Try a fresh caramel covered apple. Just ask them to cut it for you into nice wedges and they will put it all in a clear box. It is easy to share this way and much easier to eat as the apples are generally quite large. These gourmet caramels are so delicious!
1. Goofy’s Candy Company, Disney Springs (no admission ticket required)-this has to be the top spot for freshly made Disney sweet treats including offering you the chance to Create Your Own: Specialty apple; 3 Topped Pretzel Rods; Topped Crisped Rice Treat; Topped Marshmallow; and Topped Gingerbread Cookie. It is easy to do, just pick up a card from the counter, check off your choices, hand it to a Cast Member at the counter and when it is completed they will call out your name to pick up your customized treat. (Or you can just watch them make it behind the glassed in prep area.) You can step over to the other side of the store and get a custom chosen flavor or mix of flavors for a frozen Goofy Slushie. Fudge comes in the following flavors: Chocolate, Maple Nut, Chocolate Nut, Rocky Road, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Turtle, Cookies and Cream, and Chocolate Raspberry. That is quite a tasty list! We aren’t done yet. There are Mickey white chocolate and milk chocolate peanut butter cups, Milk Chocolate S’Mores Squares, English Toffee, Mammoth Pecan or Cashew Patties, Pecan Caramel Roll; Chocolate dipped marshmallow wand with topping, chocolate dipped marshmallow wands –wand is a crazy Mickey plastic straw, Minnie or Mickey Marshmallow Wands, Chocolate dipped Pretzel Rod with topping, Mickey Crispy Treat, Cake Pops, Mickey Ear Hat Toffee Brownie, Mint Brownie or Nut Brownie, chocolate dipped Strawberries, chocolate dipped pineapple, chocolate dipped Fruit Kabob,Large Mickey Cookies, Decorated cookies and assorted cookies, Decorated or Holiday cookies, Mickey Macaroons, Mickey Gingerbread or Shortcake Cookies, Cupcake, Crispy Rice Chocolate covered Turkey Leg. This is the last stop we make before leaving Walt Disney World. We pick up Earl’s Sandwiches and a Slushie to have on our way out of town to lessen the sadness of leaving. This is also a great place to use up those left over snack credits. You can pick up your custom candy apple and have it cut and boxed to savor further down the road. Uncut, these things last for a while, but with a cut apple you will want to eat it within a couple of hours. Not only can you pick up fresh candy and slushies but also all those Disney pre-packaged candy you have seen in the parks, bulk candy such as Jelly Belly jellybeans, candy in gift boxes and tins, packages of cookies and even Disney teas that make great gifts for folks back home. You can also mix flavors and fill your own giant pixie stick. This makes number one because it is open to everyone, you don’t need to have a park admission ticket to get to it. They also have the greatest number of fresh items available and that custom made option sets it over the top!