Disney’s newest mode of transportation, the Disney Skyliner, opened in September 2019. This amazing transportation system connects Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Disney’s Riviera Resort and Caribbean Beach Resort. This has quickly become a favorite mode of transportation of guests visiting Walt Disney World. It provides quick, easy access as well as a unique way to see Disney from up above. If you are wanting an exclusive experience, consider trying a skyliner crawl. We have some top lounges that guests can visit while taking the skyliner throughout the Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
We suggest starting your crawl at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. If you aren’t staying at one of the skyliner resorts, this will allow you to get into a park early in the morning to start you crawl. At Hollywood Studios, we have three suggested spots to stop at for drinks and food.
- Baseline Tap House: Baseline Tap House is an excellent way to start this adventure. Here one can enjoy the biggest pretzel with beer cheese fondue and a spicy mustard. If looking for something to drink, try a beer flight.
- Brown Derby Lounge: Another wonderful option in Hollywood Studios is Brown Derby Lounge. Known for their margarita and martini flights, this lounge is a fun spot to people watch and relax. If needing something to eat, the Derby Sliders are top notch.
- Tune In Lounge: Finally, the Tune In Lounge is located next to 50s Prime Time and offers the full menu of the restaurant. Grab an adult beverage, the famous peanut-butter and jelly shake or a full meal here. No matter what you choose, it is sure to be delicious.
- Le Petit Cafe: After experiencing Disney’s Hollywood Studios, head to the skyliner to catch a ride to Disney’s newest resort Disney’s Riviera. Once at the resort, head to Le Petit Cafe. This cozy cafe with a beautiful theming offers coffee, wine and sweet treats all with a European theme. Take in the amazing murals, decorations and details of this Magnificat resort.
When ready to head out, catch the skyliner to Epcot where you will have quick access to numerous food and drink options in the World Showcase. We have a few specific spots where we think you should stop on your skyliner crawl.
- Les Vins des Chefs de France: As you come off the skyliner, you are right near the France Pavilion where you will want to stop at Les Vins des Chefs de France. Here you can find the famous Grand Marnier and Grey Goose Slushies. These are wonderful for those warm days in Florida.
- Rose and Crown Pub: If you are looking for a great beer selection, head to Rose and Crown Pub in the UK Pavilion. Here you will find numerous beer options or a nice glass of wine. This pub brings the feel of the UK to Epcot.
- La Cantina de San Angel and La Cava del Tequila: Both of these spots in the Mexican Pavilion offer excellent drink options. From unique margaritas such as the Blood Orange Margarita or 200 different top shelf tequilas, you are sure to find something to interest you. For something good to eat, grab the queso dip and chips or chips and salsa.
Art of Animation and Pop Century
Following your adventures throughout the World Showcase, it is time to head back to the skyliner and head to Art of Animation and Pop Century.
- Drop off Pool: At Art of Animation, the Drop off Pool is where you will find a variety of different drink options. A favorite is the Pina Colava a twist on a traditional Pina Colada.
- Petals Pool Bar: Across the bridge from Art of Animation is Pop Century’s Petals Pool Bar. Here you will want to try the traditional Mai Tai or the special Poolside Iced Tea. These two drinks are sure to bring the grooviness to the crawl.
Caribbean Beach Resort
The final stop on the skyliner crawl is Caribbean Beach Resort. This newly renovated resort offers some delicious options at their pool bar.
- Banana Cabana: This beautiful, modern pool bar is an excellent place to wrap up the skyliner crawl. Amazing sunset views provide an outstanding background for the evening. You can choose from a variety of unique drink options, but one of the highlights here is the pull a part bread. Make sure to grab this snack to share while enjoying the evening.
The Skyliner crawl is an excellent way to see numerous resorts, lounges and enjoy a variety of drinks and snacks throughout Walt Disney World. Will you take to the sky on your next trip and try the Skyliner crawl?