Your dining and beverage options are practically limitless in Walt Disney World, and they vary from grab-‘n-go bites to swanky bars to elaborate table service restaurants. If you’re looking for a place to relax and feel at home while you enjoy fantastic food and mouth-watering drinks, then you should try one of Epcot’s three lounges the next time you visit. And we’re not talking DVC members-only lounges, like the Member Lounge in Imagination! Pavilion, or the super-exclusive Club 33, where an initial membership will run you $33,000. These are lounges are accessible to all guests. Here’s the low-down on each of Epcot’s three lounges.
1. Rose & Crown Pub
A family fave that will make you feel like you’ve hopped across the pond, Rose & Crown Pub in the UK Pavilion at Walt Disney World’s Epcot is the quintessential pub experience, for all ages to enjoy.
- FOOD: You’ll find all of your favorite classic British food here, including fish and chips, Scotch eggs, bangers and mash, and bubble and squeak (for the uninitiated, this fun-sounding dish is made of fried, leftover vegetables from a roast dinner). If your kids aren’t quite on board with all the British fare, fear not, there are more familiar, kid-friendly items on offer here too. Your kids can chow down on butter chicken, meatballs or cheesy pasta. For dessert, our go-to is always sticky toffee pudding – you can’t go wrong with this ooey, gooey choice!
- BEVERAGES: The beverage list at this homey lounge is impressive. Choose from various ales, stouts and lagers, or check out the wine list or specialty cocktails (with entertaining names like “Leaping Leprechaun” and “Welsh Dragon”). Check out the pub blends, or the Scotch Whisky, and if you are overwhelmed by all the choices, you can always opt for a flight to try out a few different options.
- ATMOSPHERE: You can dine inside, and enjoy the wood paneling, etched glass and cozy fireplace. Or sit outside on the patio, where you’ll have an excellent view of the World Showcase Lagoon. If you time your visit right, you’ll even be serenaded by the pub’s resident musician, who will entertain you with some of the UK’s most recognizable hits (get that singing voice ready so you can sing along!).
- PLUS… Looking to extend your visit? Sign up for the Rose & Crown Tea Experience, where you’ll learn all about tea, and how to make a perfect cuppa.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. La Cava del Tequila
For our next Epcot lounge at Walt Disney World, we head south of the border to La Cava del Tequila at the Mexico Pavilion.
- BEVERAGES: Mexico was already a heavy hitter in our books in terms of dining even before we discovered this lounge featuring more than 200 tequilas, as well as Mexican beer, wine and specialty drinks (frozen coffee margarita, anyone??). Did you know tequila became the first distilled beverage on the continent when conquistadors first distilled it in the 16th century? Nowadays, you can explore Mexico’s national drink here in Cava del Tequila, from simple to rare, all distilled from the agave plant. Whether this is your first taste of tequila or your 50th, you’ll find the perfect option with the help of cast members who will gladly share their knowledge about the history of tequila-making.
- ATMOSPHERE: You’ll feel right at home in the lounge’s warm atmosphere, designed to imitate an old hacienda. The worn walls and rich tones are soothing; the comfortable leather seats invite you to stay awhile, and you can look around at artifacts hailing from Mexico as you relax.
- FOOD: Make sure you order up some tapas to go with those drinks! La Cava del Tequila offers simple snacks including queso with corn chips and guacamole.
3. Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar
The great thing about Walt Disney World’s Epcot is that you can experience the world, all in the span of one day. So, when Italy beckons, head over to the Italian Pavilion and escape the heat at Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar.
- ATMOSPHERE: If you’ve found Tutto Italia, you’ve found Tutto Gusto (it’s right off the restaurant’s lobby). The lounge manages to channel the coziness of an actual wine cellar in Italy, with its stone arches aged to look like they’ve been there for centuries, vaulted brick ceilings, wood beams, and rustic chandeliers. There are also fun touches like the light fixture made of recycled wine bottles. There’s a definite intimate feel (it seats no more than 96 people), and the place is dimly lit – it’s also nice and cool, which is especially refreshing on a hot Orlando day.
- BEVERAGES: But enough about the ambience. Let’s talk wine! There are hundreds of bottles of Italian wines here, all part of Tutto Gusto’s extensive drink menu that also includes craft beers from Italy and specialty cocktails. You’ll notice the wine refrigerators, which keep the vino at the perfect serving temperature.
- FOOD: Looking for a bite to eat? Tutto Gusto has a small-plates menu featuring food from various regions of Italy. There are plenty of shareables, including cheese plates, seafood, pasta (of course!), and mini-sandwiches. Make sure you save room for dessert! The Italian-themed dessert shooters are the perfect size and price for dessert lovers who can’t just pick one!
You may be thinking – wait, just THREE lounges? That is correct! Epcot technically has only three lounges on property. Of course, there are several kiosks, food carts, and restaurants in the mix if you’re looking for a beverage. The three listed above however are true lounges!