When Spirit of Aloha was demolished at Disney’s Polynesian Resort last year it left a hole in our hearts and Disney’s “dinner and a show” offerings. With its departure, only the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue was left. We love Hoop-Dee-Doo but there was something truly magical about Spirit of Aloha. Plus, who doesn’t enjoy a luau?
Get ready to get excited because a brand new Luau experience is coming to Walt Disney World! This time, the festivities are coming to Disney Springs! Morimoto Asia is hosting an all-new luau where you’ll immerse yourself in Asian-Pacific culture during this traditional Hawaiian party.
The food will be and upscale buffet but true to theme: in true Morimoto style, sushi, and poke bowls will abound and there will even be a whole roasted pig! The fun doesn’t stop at the food either! Live performers will delight and dazzle with performances by a live band and hula dancers will. There’s even a strolling ukulele player! For dessert, you’ll enjoy island favorites like pineapple tarts and butter mochi, haupia squares, and Mango parfait! Custom leis will also be available for purchase when you book.
That’s the good news. The bad news? This event will only be around for an extremely limited time. In fact, it’s one say only: Sunday, May 14, 2023, to celebrate Mother’s Day! That means you’ll want to hurry because this event will sell out. The cost is $150 per person and tickets can be purchased in advance here.
Curious about the food? Check out the menu:
- Traditional ahi poke, Hawaiian sea salt, inamona, chili, green onion
- Korean-style tako (octopus) poke, kimchi, gochujang
- Lomilomi salmon, tomato, cucumber, onion, shiso
- Rainbow’s local mac salad
- Chinatown chilled ginger chicken
- Okazuya namasu, cucumber, carrot, wakame
- Spicy tuna roll
- Spicy salmon roll
- Yellow tail roll
- California roll
- Shrimp tempura roll
- Vegetable roll
- Chef’s selection nigiri
- Kahuku Food Trucks’ famous garlic shrimp
- Aloha shoyu roasted chicken
- Mahi-mahi tartar sauce
- Morimoto baby ribs, hoisin chili
- Portuguese sausage fried rice
- Spam musubi teriyaki sauce
- Mini loco moco, mushroom gravy
- Roasted pig and cabbage
- Yuzu chutney, hoisin BBQ
DESSERTS (SERVED TO TABLES):
- Haupia squares: coconut milk, milk, sugar, cornstarch
- Pineapple tarts: caramel cream, vanilla tart shells
- Mango parfait: mango mousse, raspberries
- Passionfruit pops: white chocolate, passion fruit puree, pop sticks, white truffle shells, heavy cream
- Butter mochi mini cakes
Celebrate mom in style this year at Morimoto Asia. Food, dancing, entertainment…this event will have it all so that you can give her a Mother’s Day she’ll never forget!