I’m a “rope drop to park close” kinda girl. My Disney day doesn’t stop till I drop, which means I’ve gotten very well acquainted with the vast array of quick service food options available to me in the Parks. My favorite? Satu’li Bowls. The delicious and heavily customizable dish is so different from your typical theme park fare. You truly feel you’re eating some interplanetary delicacy when eating a Satu’li Bowl. This is the one dish even my Disney-hating husband misses when we come home. So naturally, I learned to make it at home.
This recipe is of my own creation and therefore it follows the way I order my Satu’li Canteen meal but with so many bases, proteins and sauces to mix and match, this recipe is highly adaptable to your specific tastes.
Sliced beef over noodles with green onion vinaigrette
- 2 lbs thinly sliced roast beef
- 1 pack rice noodles
- Boba Balls
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 small cloves garlic , minced
- 1 green onion , chopped
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Asian slaw (I cheat and buy it ready made from the store)
- Boil the rice noodles until tender. Do not over cook, you want them to still be a bit firm.
- Drain noodles and refrigerate. Chilled noodles are key to making this recipe stand out
- Make your vinaigrette: In 2-cup liquid measure or small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, green onion, honey and salt; using immersion blender, purée until smooth.
- Heat the roast beef, you want it to be warm but be careful not to over cook. Just a minute or two in a preheated own does the trick
Build your bowl from the base up. Layer the noodles first, then protein. Drizzle your vinaigrette over the entire bowl. Top with slaw and sprinkle boba beads on top as a garnish.
There you have it! It’s really that easy! Abu time we make this at home it almost feels like we are right back in Animal Kingdom waiting for our Flight of passage Lightning Lane time to come up!
If you try this for yourself, please come back to the comments and let me know how it worked out for you!