Exciting news coming out of Walt Disney World Resort this morning! The lengthy closure of Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park is coming to a close as Disney has announced the official reopening of the fan-favorite Disney Park.
RELATED: January 2022 Walt Disney World Refurbishments
Of the two Walt Disney World Resort Water Parks, Disney’s Blizzard Beach has been the only option for Guests to enjoy since COVID-19 closures closed the Parks back in March 2020. When Blizzard Beach reopened in March 2021, we were hopeful Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon would follow shortly. Now, several months later, the second Water Park will finally welcome Guests!
Disney has announced, “The 50th-anniversary magic continues at Walt Disney World Resort as Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park prepares to reopen Jan. 2, 2022. Offering tropical family fun for all ages, the Park’s reopening will mark the return of favorite attractions and the debut of new menu items and other commemorative culinary features.“
“Known for its immersive storytelling, thrilling water attractions, and family fun, the Typhoon Lagoon tells the fabled tale of a rogue storm and its ensuing tidal wave that wreaked havoc on a formerly pristine waterside paradise. From topsy-turvy architecture and storm-strewn nautical gear to the stranded shrimping ship, Miss Tilly, impaled upon the summit of Mount Mayday, each detail brings the legend to life for Guests in different ways.”
RELATED: The Typhoon Lagoon Game Plan at Walt Disney World
Disney has announced several of the popular attraction and features will be returning when the Park reopens on January 2, 2022, including:
- Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool, America’s largest outdoor wave pool where guests can “hang 10’’ while bodying surfing on the perfect wave every time.
- Miss Adventure Falls, a fast-paced family raft attraction created, as the story goes, when Captain Mary Oceaneer – a seafaring treasure hunter – got her haul caught years ago in a rogue typhoon, scattering her treasure across this tropical paradise.
- Crush ‘n’ Gusher, a thrilling water coaster featuring three 400-foot-long tube slides named for the various fruits they once transported.
- Castaway Creek, a scenic lazy river encircling the entire water park, offering gentle passage past shady grottoes, gushing waterfalls, overhead rope bridges and lush rainforest landscapes.
- Humunga Kowabunga, offering a choice of three adrenaline-filled body slides set against the steep inclines of Mount Mayday.
The Surf Programs will restart!
The Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool uses state-of-the-art technology to create the perfectly controlled wave each time, including right, left, or center peaks.
RELATED: VIDEO – 2020 Olympic Surfer Caroline Marks Takes Over the Surf Pool at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon
- Learn to Surf – Ideal for all skill levels, surf lessons offer guests the chance to learn to surf during group lessons with a certified surf instructor.
- Private Surf Bookings – Guests can host their own private surfing event for up to 25 individuals during select times. Private Surf is returns Jan. 7; bookings are now available.
New Frozen Dessert Bar Menu
Hungry? Well, you’re in luck! Guests will encounter a selection of mouth-watering new DOLE Whip menu offerings at the shipwreck-inspired eatery, Snack Shack. In addition to two Moana-inspired DOLE Whip character cones, Guests can tantalize their taste buds by building their own tropical flavor combination with their choice of mango, lime, raspberry, or pineapple DOLE Whip.
Adults can complement their custom DOLE Whip creation by mixing in tequila, coconut rum, or dark rum. The Snack Shack at Typhoon Tilly’s will also serve the Habanero Lime Galley Shack Swirl, a new signature cocktail balancing spicy habanero, sweet mango, and tangy lime flavors.
Celebratory Anniversary Menu Items
Plus, what’s a 50th Anniversary celebration without special 50th-anniversary menu items?! To mark the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, Typhoon Lagoon will add several new menu items and features as part of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” such as:
RELATED: Here Are the Weirdest Food and Drinks You’ll Find at Disney World’s 50th
- Walt’s Chili Nachos (Snack Shack) – A new twist on a classic favorite, this playful interpretation of Walt Disney’s beloved chili recipe features house-fried tortillas, cheese, guacamole, shredded lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream and jalapeño.
- EARidescent Ice Dream Cone (Happy Landings) – This birthday cake-flavored soft-serve swirl in a white chocolate-dipped cone honors the celebration with EARidescent sprinkles.
- Walt Disney World Popcorn Bucket (Main Change) – Available throughout the celebration, this popcorn bucket features whimsical illustrations of iconic Walt Disney World landmarks along with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in their 50th celebration fashions.
- 50th Anniversary Refillable Mug – The new 50th anniversary Refillable Mug will be available at all dining locations and features celebratory Disney Water Parks-inspired artwork that pays tribute to “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.”
Here’s a fun Disney Parks TikTok video announcing the reopening:
Tickets and details are available via Typhoon Lagoon’s webpage.
Are you making plans to visit Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon in the New Year? Let us know in the comments!